Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It takes an average of about 10 years to draw a black bear tag here in Wisconsin. It took 11 years for me to draw a tag, but it was all worth it to get my first bear. About 230 lbs live weight, with a very cool white blaze on the chest. One shot from my 444S dropped her in her tracks. I am officially hooked on bear hunting now!
Plant Gesture Camouflage American black bear Snout

Plant Carnivore Tree Dog breed Camouflage

·
Registered
619 Posts
Congratulations on a nice bear! The long wait was ridiculous.....but, apparently worth the wait! Blacks with the white blaze are a beautiful animal and a nice trophy! Did you put a bunch of good meat in the freezer? memtb

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations on a nice bear! The long wait was ridiculous.....but, apparently worth the wait! Blacks with the white blaze are a beautiful animal and a nice trophy! Did you put a bunch of good meat in the freezer? memtb
Thank you! I agree, we have one of the highest populations of black bears in the country, but it is still a ridiculous wait to get a tag. Oh yes, lots of meat in the freezer. I really enjoy black bear meat, and we had bear ribs on the grill the day after I got back from my hunt.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Awesome, thanks for sharing! I have 10 points right now. I was drawn In 2000' and shot a 250 pound female with hounds and in 2010' which In shot a 7' 2" 350 pound boar over bait. Haven't put in for a kill yet because I need a place to hunt. Did you hunt private land? Dogs or over bait?

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, thanks for sharing! I have 10 points right now. I was drawn In 2000' and shot a 250 pound female with hounds and in 2010' which In shot a 7' 2" 350 pound boar over bait. Haven't put in for a kill yet because I need a place to hunt. Did you hunt private land? Dogs or over bait?
I hunted public land in Douglas County and we used dogs. Absolutely had a blast using dogs.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You would love my area! no special permit! lots of bears! this year ive seen 8 in the woods. come the season they get the memo. we have an early season too. I saw a nice one but it was to hot.
I’m jealous!

Reactions: 94win30wcf

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
It takes an average of about 10 years to draw a black bear tag here in Wisconsin. It took 11 years for me to draw a tag, but it was all worth it to get my first bear. About 230 lbs live weight, with a very cool white blaze on the chest. One shot from my 444S dropped her in her tracks. I am officially hooked on bear hunting now! View attachment 862492
View attachment 862493
very nice bear. Bear hunting is addictive! The thing that amazes me is how quiet they move through the woods. Make deer sound like a firetruck with sirens on.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
very nice bear. Bear hunting is addictive! The thing that amazes me is how quiet they move through the woods. Make deer sound like a firetruck with sirens on.
I agree. It's impressive how such a big animal can move so quietly in the woods.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
(y) Nice looking Bear.

Q: How many pounds of meat was on it?

Old Creek
Thank you. After removing all the bones, etc. I ended up with 55 lbs of meat off the 230 lb bear.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts