Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as I sit staring out the window watching it snow fall again ( 4 to 5 feet ) on the ground now or maybe more, I'm in it every day trapping,:eek: the fall season seems so far away. I dig my 444 out of the gun cabinet once and a while give her a little cleaning. Ive got lots of ammo loaded and ready for fall. Fall is the only time of the year when we have a season to use large caliber rifles.

I carry small bore rifles most the rest of the year 22 mag , 22-250 for varmint hunting or trapping. The article that Flat Top posted with the Safari Grade 444 sparked my attention and enthusiasm so I think I will try some different reloads. Thanks flattop for shorting up a long Canadian winter ;D

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
...cabin fever has a cure.............getting ready for the next season. I played hell just getting to the range to finish up my project 444. We had three inches of ice topped off with twelve inches of snow (more up north where I shoot). We go a break yesterday so I made the best of it. I think the winter doldrums have set in on just about everybody...its been a rough one, but spring will be here soon...at least something to look forward to! Good luck with your 444 loads, and I will try to post a photo of the mighty Safari Grade cartridge on my 444 article.....that should get you enthused!!!! ;D

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
I hear you McTavish. It's been a long cold winter already and I'm ready for spring. I spent a lot of time casting in the fall between hunting and I got it all loaded. I have enough ammo loaded to finish off a central-american war. I want to go out to the range but every weekend it has been way too bitter for an outdoor range experience. Once, several years ago, I actually had my trigger finger freeze to the trigger of a loaded Browning Hi-Power. What fun!

·
Super Moderator
7,964 Posts
In the Cold Doldrums of winter, there is nothing wrong at all to take your beloved 444 or 444's from the gun case and fondle it, rub your leg on it! and drool/slobber all over the place :p just make sure the little women is not at home, they just don't understand ;)

On the West Coast sexual promiscuity is commonly accepted with their 45-70's, this is also a common practice in the Mountains of Idaho, in Idaho the practice most likely involves a Threesome as well ;D

·
Registered
522 Posts
fer cryin' out loud ......

just put your ear protection on, point the muzzle out the front (or back) door, and shoot a few rounds ..... if we can do it here in sunny SoCal (and we do), you can do it in snowy wherever. Sheesh. All them falling snowflakes ain't nothing but moving targets.

Cheers,

Carl

·
Registered
385 Posts
Cabin Feaver is rough on a guy! I am in Alberta and this is a old school winter this year, nice and warm some day's then -20 for a few with lot's of snow and wind, Ah the Wind! 110k or 65mph on Saterday Funny I tried to shoot a group in the wind, cross wind too at 140yrds Just to see how much drift I had.I did not hit the target with my .280 Rem but clipped the board once :D
I only took three shots you could hardly hear the gun go off!!! but it was something I had to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts