Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My blaze orange hunting coveralls are getting old and worn. I decided to buy new. First problem...It is impossible to find new insulated coveralls in blaze orange or blaze orange camo! I have looked for two years now. Soooo I decided that I would go with camo insulated coveralls and use a orange vest to be legal in Pennsylvania. Now I am having problems finding coveralls with two way leg zippers that go to the hips. Many, including the ones from Bass Pro/ Cabela's only go to the knee! That makes them difficult to put on or remove with boots. The ones that do go to the hip are only one way zippers. A two way makes it much easier to get to your inside pants pocket or for ventilation if you are getting too warm. I did find a pair that met the above qualifications but had no outside pockets!

I really prefer the warmth and ease of use the one peice coveralls for deer hunting offer but am about to give up on finding any. I have looked on line and at local stores. Any one have any suggestions???

Padraig

·
Super Moderator
35,978 Posts
Shop the thrift stores or goodwill, you might get lucky!

ca'jun56

·
Registered
677 Posts
I just put on a pair of camo pants, usually my old army acu's, or sometime I'll just wear a pair of wranglers with a brown sweatshirt. It doesn't get super cold in South Texas. If it does then I'll find an old jacket or just pile on a bunch of shirts. Works for me.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Another plus for Carhartt. I do have the same problem as Pig Ninja, the insulated coveralls are shrinking every year around the middle.

I opted for black instead of the Carhartt traditional brown for hunting. I don't know if they are offered in a camo pattern? The coveralls I have are heavyweight insulated and too much for walking around in anything warmer than 25°. Even on very cold predawn mornings I pack them in and put them on just before climbing into the tree stand.

I use them hunting in Maine and high desert Arizona. Both places I have hunted as low as 3°F. I have never been cold in them.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just checked with Cahartt and the leg zippers are not two way. Maybe they have changed???

Padraig

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts
I went with insulated bib overalls and a coat the last time I outfitted myself. I can reach over the top of the bibs to get to my pockets, and I can peel off the coat when field dressing. Works good for me. I want to their made by Walls, but I have Carhart too.

Don't have to nearly dislocate my shoulder putting them on either.

Reactions: 1Forecon

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I think deer are accustomed to camo and are wary of it. I wear jeans with long johns, layered uppers and an orange hat which is all that is required in NC. The deer think I am a liberal and don't seem concerned!

·
Registered
737 Posts
My blaze orange hunting coveralls are getting old and worn. I decided to buy new. First problem...It is impossible to find new insulated coveralls in blaze orange or blaze orange camo! I have looked for two years now. Soooo I decided that I would go with camo insulated coveralls and use a orange vest to be legal in Pennsylvania. Now I am having problems finding coveralls with two way leg zippers that go to the hips. Many, including the ones from Bass Pro/ Cabela's only go to the knee! That makes them difficult to put on or remove with boots. The ones that do go to the hip are only one way zippers. A two way makes it much easier to get to your inside pants pocket or for ventilation if you are getting too warm. I did find a pair that met the above qualifications but had no outside pockets!

I really prefer the warmth and ease of use the one peice coveralls for deer hunting offer but am about to give up on finding any. I have looked on line and at local stores. Any one have any suggestions???

Padraig
look for some carhart or like brands in construction/work insulated, 2 way zippers coveralls…like the pair I use!

Reactions: Darkcloud

·
Registered
505 Posts
Not sure what the model number is...
Font Red Material property Magenta Carmine

These are bibs, full side zip and double zippers. They also make a partial zip with a single zipper.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looked online at Carhart coveralls but one pair didn't have two way zippers and the other pair didn't say. Did the chat thing and they couldn't tell. Lot of help...not. Found some at Sportsman Guide. Not in stock but supposed to be inby September 27. If they come in that will be fine as Deer Season starts the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Thanks everyone!

Padraig

·
Registered
416 Posts
When ordering, get a couple sizes bigger than you normally wear. In all seriousness Carhartt's run on the thin/fit side. Even before my middle filled out, my other coveralls were a bit snug in the chest. Also, being heavy cotton they will shrink when washed. Do not use heat when drying or you will be making a nice donation to Goodwill.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts