Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a newer 39a, only shot it about 30 times so far and have had no issues. Once the weather gets better I will be out shooting it quite a bit. I'd like to get a wisners ejector put on my gun just to avoid future incidents.

I have never done any sort of gun smithing, especially with a lever gun. I am curious as to how much work is involved with the install? Is it a snap in and go type of modification? or is there fitting/re-configuring steps needed? I have pretty good mechanical skills and I'm sure if there was a video out there of someone doing an install I could get it no problem.

So my other question is.... Are there any vids out there of somebody doing the install?

Thanks a bunch guys
Eric

·
Super Moderator
16,511 Posts
Firstly Welcome to MarlinOwners, lots of smarts running around in here. I'm not familiar with replacing the ejector on the 39A 'cause I haven't had the need to fix what isn't broke. More than likely you will have to do some work on the new piece to get it to work properly, sometimes a person has to do that with parts from the maker of the rifle. There are two screws on the left side of the receiver that hold the entire assembly in place, seems a small pin is in there, probably pivots the ejector and what looks to be a flat spring. Firstly get yourself the proper screwdrivers for the job, that would be a gunsmithing screwdriver kit, includes most any proper fitting bit for any screw....a big plus unless you like the looks of messed up screw heads. :eek: More than likely you're going to need a few size punches to get various size pins out, a suitable hammer is always a plus. Think about what you'll be doing and Please don't beat your Marlin up. Here's a couple pics to help you along. Scrolling the mouse while holding down the Ctrl button will enlarge the pics & print if you can't read them. Mr fixit

·
Registered
832 Posts
It is not the ejector but the extractor! The spring extractor has been in use since the early 70's. There was a run in 06-08 that were not right. The Wisner’s extractor is a drop in, but may need a slight bit of fitting. It replaces the spring extractor in the bolt. I would not worry until I was sure I had a problem. I would venture to say that there are more 39A's with a spring extractor than any other style.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I guess I'll have to do some more shooting before I take the plunge and replace the extractor. I just would like to know that my rifle will work properly every single time I use it, just sort of a piece of mind thing. I guess I'm a little paranoid about my 2009 39a, after reading about all the problems they have had. Which makes me very unhappy because I paid way more for this rifle then I should have needed to. I just hope I got one of the good ones.
Eric

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts