Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i WENT BAKE THAR AND PICKUD UP SUME MURE wINDCHESTERS FUR SHOOTEN OUT OF ME cz RIFLE.i ALLSO PICK UP SUME rEMINGTIN AMMO ASWELL.wHEN I GET HOME Ii GO OUT BACK AGIN AND i COMPAIR THE TO OF THEM.i FIND THAT THE wINDCHESTER OUTSHOOT THE rEMINGTIN AMMO.nOW HOW DO YOU FIGUER THAT?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi "22 Rimfireman"..............

Well, it took me five-minutes, and my eyes are so strained they hurt, but I finally was able to figure out what you were trying to say in your above post....

Please read my message over in the "Big Bore" forum. ~ Thanks.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
What's to figure? :oops: After figuring out what you have to say (or not), I'm too tired to figure anything else! :lol:

The medium IS the message. 8) And a poor message it is! :?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rifleman - I suppose your tryin to be our site red neck with your writings :lol: To answer your question Rems in .22 rimfire are crap (long known fact) Winnys are a little better,but there are a lot better bullets out there and if you want to be consistant you had better find them, keep up the banjo playin and stop spitting at the hound :D

·
Registered
834 Posts
Taff said:
Rifleman - I suppose your tryin to be our site red neck with your writings :lol: To answer your question Rems in .22 rimfire are crap (long known fact) Winnys are a little better,but there are a lot better bullets out there and if you want to be consistant you had better find them, keep up the banjo playin and stop spitting at the hound :D

We don't need anyone trying to be a *******. I'm sure we have more than a few natural ones aboard. Here's proof of my lineage.

I'm the little goober with the shit-eating grin. Talk about your bunch-o-hicks :shock:

Larry

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
That's how we looked, way back when. The perfed edges, and no date on that pic put it early to mid sixties. The brown stains on the upper left hand corner are fixer starting to leach out of the photo paper. Get a photo shop to give it a quick run through some stop bath and photo-flo- it'll be good for another 40 years.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
126 Posts
22 RIMFIREMAN said:
i WENT BAKE THAR AND PICKUD UP SUME MURE wINDCHESTERS FUR SHOOTEN OUT OF ME cz RIFLE.i ALLSO PICK UP SUME rEMINGTIN AMMO ASWELL.wHEN I GET HOME Ii GO OUT BACK AGIN AND i COMPAIR THE TO OF THEM.i FIND THAT THE wINDCHESTER OUTSHOOT THE rEMINGTIN AMMO.nOW HOW DO YOU FIGUER THAT?

I like raisins. :roll:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I hear raisins go well with nuts. :lol:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Doc Sharptail said:
That's how we looked, way back when. The perfed edges, and no date on that pic put it early to mid sixties. The brown stains on the upper left hand corner are fixer starting to leach out of the photo paper. Get a photo shop to give it a quick run through some stop bath and photo-flo- it'll be good for another 40 years.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail
Yeah that was about 1960. I don't have the photo in my possession. It's my mother's. I'll relay that info to her. What is photo-flo. I worked at a small-town newspaper years ago as a printer, machine repairman, and darkroom man so I know a bit about processing. Could do up a stop bath myself for the job along with a few other old family pictures. Just never heard of photo-flow. Must be something newer that when I fooled with it or something we just didn't need.

Larry

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Kodak Photo-Flo = Neutral drying agent..... this one after a cold water rinse bath helps "seal" photographic paper evenly, and protects the hi-gloss finish on most b&w finishes. Absolute requirement for drying film without the drying marks. I still have part of a 12 oz. bottle I bought in the late 70's- a capful of this stuff is good for a quart of working solution. Some pro's claim it speeds drying time too, and reduces dust attracting static.....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
37 Posts
I hope you folks don't mind if I veer back to the topic of winchesters vs. rems. I am really new to rimfire .22s and am still trying to figure out which bullets fits my 39AS best. I've seen a couple of posts, here and there, mostly dissatisfied with the rems. Unfortunately, those are the most common off-the-rack .22s we have here in Manila. :cry:

Is the choice of bullets really an essential ingredient to accuracy? Or is it merely a case of one-rifle-to-another in terms of load preference. I've been told that no two rifles will perfectly be alike and may each have its own quirks! Anyway, please do give me suggestions/insights as to .22 rimfire loads/bullets as I need to put my 39AS to its full potential. Note that I prefer to do a head-shot as I don't necessarily want that much wasted meat. A body-shot albeit through-and-through is also nice. Sorry for babbling! :lol:

·
Registered
957 Posts
I'll cheerfully veer back to .22 lr ammo on the grounds that no one who wound up with a CZ is all that dumb. I've been wringing a CZ 452 Varmint out for a year and could not be happier with it.

One thing I learned is that the more you shoot it, the happier it gets. Mine shot a lot better after a few bricks through it than when new.

Next thing I learned is that some brands of ammo don't get along with others. It can take half a box for the rifle to settle down after you change brands.

Mine likes standard velocity, and it don't like Remington. CCI standard does very well. So does Federal. Win T-22 is worth a try.

The late lamented Federal Ultra Match shot wonderfully, but it's gone. Eley works good if you wanna pay for it. RWS and Fiocchi were a waste of money. Wolf Gold Match is all the Wolf I can find and it's too high. Decent ammo, but not worth the price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts