Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caved in and bought a box. They seem like a high quality ammo, but I heard people having bad blood trail experiences with them on deer, was wondering if they were just better used on small deer or coyotes/wolf?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I've never used them but wouldn't mind knowing how they work out for you. I tend to stick with the old tried and true Core-Lokt.

Reactions: CrunchBerries

·
Premium Member
12,537 Posts
We've had some tests and discussions of that particular bullet here on Marlin Owners:

http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/bullet-tests/52215-nosler-30-30-bullet.html

I don't remember if it was JD338 or someone else who used the 150 BST bullet on deer, but as I recall the results were quite favorable. Very heavy jacket on that bullet, particularly down towards the base.

Regards, Guy

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
I got a couple of friends that I work with that are firm believers in that ammo it's all they shoot in every caliber they own!!!!

Reactions: CrunchBerries

·
Registered
124 Posts
i get really good accuracy out of the 3030 bt on top of h4895. 5 shots have gone under an inch. i downloaded one and ran it through a water jug into a piece of plywood at 1400 fps...by the hole in the plywood it appears to have opened. the top jacket looks thin..the mid section looks "bear ready"!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.