Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't hold it in. Went to the indoor shooting range, name is Bullet Hole, to see if I could score on some Trail Boss and 4198 powder for my 45-70 shoulder cannon. I walked over to the gun counter and thought I spotted a Henry Golden boy in the consignment area. Well much to my surprise it was a model 94 winchester golden spike commemorative edition 30-30. The sales person said it came with original box and box contents. I asked to look at it and the price tag said $500.00!!!! Enough said. Out came the credit card and I was off!!! Wow am I pumped. I will post pictures when I figure out how to do it. Well I did it thanks to my children!! IMG_0091.jpg IMG_0092.jpg What do you all think it could be worth? Although not for sale.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
The bullet hole is a nice range. I have not been there in years.
Good looking rifle you got there too.

·
Banned
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes side of gun says 1869 to 1969 and between the dates is a railroad spike. Thanks Bill!!

Paul

·
Administrator
27,863 Posts
Reactions: shootindentist

·
Registered
391 Posts
"What do you all think it could be worth?"

I don't know, what, maybe $400.00? :flute: Not really, a quick check online shows the Firearms Price Guide has them priced at $850.00 for one in very good condition. Looks like you done real good! Hey, Welcome to the Marlin Owners.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Very Nice! :congrats:

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Congrats on the rifle, even though it's not a Marlin. My Dad bought one of those new when I was a little kid. It sat in our gun cabinet for many years. We sold it at a local gun show several years ago, unfired with the box and paperwork.

I'm a dentist too. When I want to buy another gun my wife says "Just pull some more teeth"!

·
Premium Member
16,813 Posts
Hey SD,

That is a swell looking Winny!

Buy a lottery ticket! Great score!

Later, Mark

1 - 17 of 17 Posts