Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· El Kabong
8,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gave my bud a few months ago a Remy 522 Viper, because I did not want it. I told him to find me an older good tube fed, bolt gun. So he calls me up, and says: "Come see what my sister found in the desert a few months ago".

The Model 72 was made between 1938 and 1949

It is so rusty and caked over with crap. Flash floods had taken its toll.
I scraped enough off the barrel, to read some of it. Filled it up, and sprayed it down with Kroil.
Got the stock off, its swelled out an 1/8 inch all over.

When I get the bolt unseized, and can take it a part, Ill know if I what to rebuild it.

Dang I love a challenge.

· El Kabong
8,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It wasnt a trade. I gave him the viper for a nephew who is shooting comp, this only rust bucket was just something that happened along.
I did tell him, that I got the better end of the trade, his nephew did not agree :D

· El Kabong
8,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guys are all a bunch of half empty beer cans.

I already have torn it down, got a nice shiney bore. Bleached the stock and have it drying. I'll order up the parts I need, and in a month it will be ready to plink away with.

· El Kabong
8,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guess there were more at the pawn shop....

I call this work of art.... BoxOrust

The hard part is over

· El Kabong
8,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wood complete

I may put another coat or two on it. Didnt expect it to look brand new, but its a tad better than it was.

· El Kabong
8,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Due to the amount of scale on it. I washed it in oil first, then sanded the scale down. This weekend it will get sandblasted, then crowned, then duracoated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.