Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up yesterday
Winchester Model 71 Deluxe .348 win.
Made in 1941
Factor bolt peep sight,super grade swivels,front sight hood.
Bore is like a mirror.
Also one box of Remington 200 gr. 348 Win. ammo.
Bought from a gentleman in his 80's
He hunted with it just has a few minor hunting marks on it and that's fine with me cause I'm going to hunt with it.
The action is super smooth but built like a tank.
Just something about the sound of the action when you work it on a model 71

Registered
Beautiful rifle, congratulations! The M71s have certainly increased in value the last 10yrs, and like many say, they ain't making them any more!

The value of that fine rifle today is on a par with the Verney Carron Sagittaire double rifle I bought a while back.

Congratulations again on the purchase of a fine classic rifle that's pretty unique among rifles. A model only made in one chambering, and a cartridge only available in a single rifle model. 馃憤

Registered
Sharp lookin' rifle! Congrats!

Registered
You got the best of the best. I had one for many years but it was just the plain one with no checkering and sights on the barrel. The 71 has the smoothest action of any lever rifle. I warn you shooting a 71 and levering the action will make you want to feel like throwing rocks at Winchester 94s and other leverguns. If you want to try some cast bullet loads, get the Lyman 250 grain mould . That slug will shoot to the right unless you use gas checks on them. Congrats and good shooting.

Registered
That's a beautiful rifle, congrats. Ironically one just sold in a local auction, someone wanted it more than I was willing to invest. That's a nice round enjoy!!

Premium Member
Wow! That is gorgeous. Too bad I can't hit the "like" button more than once. It has the same strong action of the 1886.

Registered
I am waiting for my Browning 71 to come back from the 'smith.

Not an original (obviously) so having a bolt peep added, and punching out to Ackley Improved.

The 71 is a wonderful rifle and yours is a stellar example!!

Enjoy!

Registered
Beautiful lever gun! The 71, 86 and 92 all have the smoothest and slickest actions. Congrats on a real classic and very sought after gun by lever lovers.

Registered
the 71 has always been my favorite Winchester lever gun. your's is probably the nicest i've ever seen. 65 years ago my twin brother and i were working, unloading cement at a drilling site near Lusk, Wy. there was a new Deluxe M 71 in a sporting good store in Lusk. we wanted that rifle in the worst way, but decided to save our money for school. i finally bought a standard grade 40-50 years ago and have never shot it. congratulations on a rifle that hopefully will get passed to another generation or two [many years in the future].

Registered
Very nice acquisition. I鈥檝e been looking for an M71 for years but never found one at a price I was willing to pay. I have some Browning 71s made in Japan but still looking for a Winchester. The 348 is a great round. Enjoy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts