Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Winchester model 70 .243 bull barrel that I know is not a pre 64 but was still wondering what it's worth. It's got a nice scope on it. Wondering the value of the two together and sperate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,844 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Thanks for joining us! John

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Did "Marlin" make Winchesters??? Don't remember that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm aware that Marlin didn't make Winchesters. I own many Marlin firearms and love them and I was reading a lot of the discussions on here and noticed there are a lot of knowledge people on here so I joined the forum. I did realize that I was posting about a firearm that wasn't made by Marlin but i needed info on this particular him and I trust anybody who trusts Marlin firearms 🙂

·
Super Moderator
17,805 Posts
Welcome from Alabama... You might get more of the right kind of traffic in our Winchester forum... Your right, a bunch of smart folks around here...

Winchester & Team Winchester

·
Registered
389 Posts
Based on serial number, I believe your rifle was made during the transition in 1964. If the heavy barrel is original then it may be a varmint model. I'm sure you know that condition is everything with used guns. I have four model 70's (3pre and 1post) and know what I paid for them. So.... I will go out on a limb and say that around here your rifle would sell for about $500. Maybe a little more, maybe a little less. I don't know enough about Shepard scopes to even give you a guess. I didn't see where you are located. Sometimes that can have an impact on price too, either up or down. Where an old model 70 in one of the big game cartridges, think deer rifle, hardly ever has a shot out barrel. You have to be careful about the varmint models. If the rifle was used for P'dogs, as an example, it is easy to shoot out a barrel. Factory original barrel would get a lot of scrutiny in that caliber with a heavy barrel.

·
Super Moderator
16,668 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL 444 MARLIN®" COUNTRY!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.