Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I just bought a Model 61. At least I said I would take it at the asking price. It will bring back memories from 60 or more years ago as that was my introduction to 22's. No idea what happened to the one that my dad left me use any time I wanted. It has some minor cosmetic issues but nothing that a little love and care this fall can't overcome.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Congrats on the find. Enjoy.

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
A lot of folks don't know that the Winchester 61 was the first rifle ever chambered for the .22 magnum cartridge. They are basically the same as the model 12 shotgun and you can slam fire them. Congrats on getting a fine rifle.

·
Registered
10,909 Posts
When we were kids a buddy got he Grandpaws 61 for Christmas after it was were worked & the next yr got a 62.Now that was tall cotton.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That is amusing that you say that. I was only 11 or 12 when I figured out all I had to do was hold down the trigger and work the slide and it would fire. I was pretty hot stuff.....of course couldn't hit a damn thing doing that and quickly tired of it but for an hour or so it was pretty cool. This will look pretty neat next to my Winchester Model 12. I will have to take a couple of pictures when it arrives. Gonna pay for it Monday and be a couple of days from Florida to Taxsylvania but it will be worth it. It needs some loving care but that is fine with me. It is a 1948, just a year older than my 39A. Here is a seller photo.

Reactions: Molasses
1 - 6 of 6 Posts