Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called williams and ordered the 5d for the 9422. I got it, put it on and am very unhappy with it. It fit on the scope groovs fine, but looks way to big for the rifle. Its made too wide, and there is "open space between the recever and the side of the sight base. Is there any other options. This has got to go. Looks like crap! I despretly need to find a peep that looks good on this gun!

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Call Williams again and ask them if they have one that can be installed by drilling and tapping the side of the receiver. Let us know, as I just bought a 9422 also and I'm considering a Williams sight also. Will they work with the factory front sight? On my Marlin 1897T I had to replace the front sight with a taller one to make the Williams FP-39 work on it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Don't know whether you would be interested, but I have an Outdoor Industries tang site for the 9422. I paid $45 for it, mounted it, and discovered that with my eye problems a scope worked better, never did shoot with it. I put Leupold on it instead. I am going to put it up for sale for $25 on the net. If you'd be interested just let me know.
Kake

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't have a link. I first heard about them on the old ShootersTalk forum. If you're interested, I would send you the sight and if you want it send me a check for the sight plus half shipping. If you don't, just send it back. You look like you have an honest face. :)

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
oneraggedhole.com

I have one on my 9422M and it's perfect for it. Looks just like this one:

·
Registered
46 Posts
for the tang sight, the tang will need to be drilled and tapped. My gunsmith didn't charge me to do this, so I don't know what the usual charge is for that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts