Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a WGOS peep on my 336. When I tighten the elevation lock screw, the whole top portion of the sight cants to the right! It looks to be due to loose tolerances allowing the whole sliding portion of the sight to tip. I'm going to send it back (to Brownell's) and order the Williams 5D-336. I liked the idea of the compact WGOS, and I could shim it so it wouldn't cant to the side, but I'd rather have something that works properly. Just thought I'd share my experience, hopefully it was just a bad example, but check it out before you buy! I have a williams peep sight on my Benjamin air gun and I love it, it looks more like the 5D.

Ted

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ted,

Don't give up on the WGRS. Take your problem directly to Williams.

I have the WGRS mounted on a shotgun, that was the required firearm in the State area I hunted in. I could keep a 3" group at 100 yds with this sight. I loved it for its compactness. (I also have the 5D which works but is not as compact.

If you don't get anywhere with Williams, look at the ghost ring sight at XO sights.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops, i meant wgrs...I do like the compactness, but i think i'll just return it and get the 5D. The wgrs design just doesn't inspire confidence and I'd rather not worry about it! Thanks for the reply!

Ted

1 - 3 of 3 Posts