Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, brand new to the site and am looking for some advice. I recently picked up a new XT-22SR, and I'll be blunt, the sight sucks. Mainly the front sight which is a piece of orange plastic that can be moved by the slightest pressure or vibration.
I have had Williams sights on my Browning lever action 22 and really liked them so I'm looking to get some for the Marlin.
My browning has the classic open sights and I like that I can have full control of adjusting the rear sight both vertically and horizontally.
I was looking at the dovetail firesights set for the marlin though and have a couple questions.
  • First, which model sight would I need for the xt-22sr
  • and second, is the sight fully adjustable like the williams open sights?
  • Third and last, I'm in Canada and wonder if anyone knows the best place to purchase Williams sights here.
Thanks for any help you can provide. I haven't had a chance to fire the xt-22 yet since it would be hard to sight her in with the plastic sight that comes with it and I can't wait to get a replacement and try her out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
No responses yet..I was hoping for the same information. My new XT22 TSR sights are the same. I had to do a little windage adj on both the front and rear. I think the front was off because that plastic dovetail isn;t exactly well made and will move in shipping. But it is holding true. The sights are acaurate up to 50 feet which is about as far as my old eyes can focus. Put a cheap GAMo scope on it and thats ok , but am upgrading to a barska this week. But better sights would be great as I have see thru rings and use both the scope and sights depending on distance. It seems kinda strange there are very few postings on the XT in this forum. Mostly 60's and 39X posts. I guess the rifle is too new to be generating much discussion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My front sight seems to move if you just look in it's general direction, so that's no good for me.
Might have to just bring her to a gunsmith to see what they have to say. I prefer sights over a scope so hopefully I can figure something out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.