Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day

Will the FP sight bolt straight onto my '94CB 24" 45Colt? If yes, are they compatible with the standard front bead, and will the standard rear sights be in the way?

Trying to decide on a Marble's Peep $AU175 or a Williams FP $AU82 for 100yard target shooting. To me practicality is more important than looks.

Sorry if this question has been adressed before.

Mucus

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hi Mucus!
No worries. Good info is worth repeating! Williams makes a new FP336 sight that mounts to the 2 aft scope base holes and it is listed as being for the 336. The older FP sight, the 94/336, is listed as being able to fit the 1894s and the 336s. I don't see why the new FP336 wouldn't work on your 1894. Has anyone out there tried it? I have used both versions on my various 336s with outstanding results. I just put one on my Spikehorn and was able to use the stock front sight. Too bad we couldn't discuss the issue over a few frosty Cascades or VBs! Good luck!

·
Banned
843 Posts
At $175aus the Marbles sight you like is most likely a Tang sight?----should work fine with stock front sight. The Williams FP may require a front sight change,,,,most likely a taller front sight as the FP can't be lowered down enough cause it bottoms out on the receiver, so really got to test fire and see. You would want some up and down adjustment in your FP to account for various loads.

.......................................TM7

G

·
I have the new Williams top-mounted FP on an 1894 CB. It's really made for the longer receiver of the 336 but will work on the 1894. It will, however, extend back beyond the end of the receiver on the 1894, requiring a hammer extension to manipulate your hammer safely.

As for the front sight being compatable, I don't know because I changed the front to a globe w/post.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The 94CB with the 24" barrel is drilled and tapped for mounting the FP94/36 sight which screws to the side of the receiver. It was after they changed to 20" barrels on the Cowboy rifles that they eliminated the two screw holes on the side of the receiver.

This will make a better installation than the FP336 sight which screws into the rear scope holes and hangs off the back of the receiver when installed on the 94.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Have you considered the xssight ghost ring sights at http://www.xssights.com/store/rifle.html? I have them on my 39a and couldn't be more pleased. For $90 you get the sight with 2 aperatures and their wonderful post front sight with the white insert. The front sight included is height matched for what normally works on your model firearm. Occasionally a particular firearm will need a height that is higher or lower than the one included so they also send a plastic front sight with the kit so you can determine the correct height. If you do need a different height they will exchange the one they sent you for it. Check out FAQ #8 on their sight for details. http://www.xssights.com/faqs.html#faq8

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ejc ........... Kantishna is correct, my '94 CBL 24" does not have the two drilled & tapped holes on the receiver side.

Will get the Williams new FP336 sight that, as Roundsworth states, mounts to the 2 aft scope base holes on receiver top. $84AUS

Just bought a new Lyman T-MagII press and 2 Lee die sets, .357mag & .45Colt, so the sight must wait. Will keep you posted. :D

Mucus

1 - 9 of 9 Posts