Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a opinion on which would be best for woods hunting, the Williams Red Colored Fire Sight or the Marbles Fiber Optic with the green. This will go on a 336CB 38-55.

I have not always thought the best way, but green would work better in the morning/evening and the red would be better during the day.

Also, what size bead has worked best for you?? This will be used with a Williams Receiver Sight.

Thanks, Allen

·
Administrator
23,798 Posts
Never had one but most have stated the green is better, I would go with green as the ones that state the green is better have had both. Either one will serve the purpose. I have made my own and used red fiber optic for a bow sight.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Green can be seen longer in low light than can. As far as the Williams vs the Marbels, I would call Williams and have them put the green fiber optic in the front sight for you, they will do this at no extra cost. I like the Williams because it has a finer sight, the Marbels is huge compared to the Williams and covers too much of the target for me, also the Marbels does not protect the fiber optic like the Williams does and could be broken pretty easy. Thats about 4 cents worth :wink:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the Marbles red fiber optic sight on my 1894P and it works great for a brush gun. I also ordered the cut out sight hood to protect the sight and still allow plenty of light to get into the fiber.
Regards,
Rich

·
Registered
362 Posts
I agree that the green is better...... Would work better in the fall months.... Not too many bright green colors at that time.... Unlike the bright reds and oranges of the fall colors :wink: :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts