Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an oppertunity to P/U a Williams 5D-94-36 for free but can,t seem to find anything that lists this Peep fitting a 1895ss anyone have some input on this for me I do read it will fit a 336 mounting via the tapped reciever holes but nothing on the 1895
Any Input would be great Thanks
The DOGG!!!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Reddog, well, you can drill and tap the side of your receiver if it does not have the holes on either side of the ejector post that protrudes through the side. I'm not sure the year Marlin stopped drilling for the side mount. Or you can get a fp336, I think they sit higher and are note quite as nice for that reason.... so if your 95 has the two screws below the pin on the upper right of this picture you can use your 94-36... Otherwise its the fp336.

Good Luck!
James

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wind is that mounted with the 2 screws on top of the reciever or mounted on the two on the side picketpin is talking about

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Wind also did you have to go with a taller front sight and if so how tall ?
Thanks for the Help
DOGG!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply T-Roy I have the 2 screws below the pin on the receiver so I guess I,m good to go all I need to know now is if I,m gonna need a taller front sight or not Iv,e read a couple differant places and am getting mixed info on Stock or taller
Thanks for the Info
DOGG!!!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
reddog, you may or may not need a taller front sight. You're going to have to shoot it with the ammo you shoot most or hunt with to determine that.. From my experience I usually have to put a taller front sight on with the Williams. You're lucky with your 1895SS, mine wasn't drilled and tapped for the side mount...

james

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea after I read your Post I went to the lockup and took a look Mines a JM stamped 22 inch 45-70 ss model I believe It,s a 1999 so I,m assuming those two screws are just hole fillers for the sight screws and nothing more

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Yea after I read your Post I went to the lockup and took a look Mines a JM stamped 22 inch 45-70 ss model I believe It,s a 1999 so I,m assuming those two screws are just hole fillers for the sight screws and nothing more
Correct, and where are the pictures? Enjoy and good deal on the sight!

james

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Correct, and where are the pictures? Enjoy and good deal on the sight!

james
Gotta get the sight now that you Gents got me straightend out on the fitment but I,ll get some before and after pics on here
I,ll get the befores on here later today
Thanks DOGG!!!

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Hey again Rd -- The front sight is a trial and error sorta thang. I like to have the aperture of choice sitting on the top of the receiver and having a 50 yard zero. This will give all the elevation I can get out of the sight if I need it. Whatever the load and front sight combination gets me there is what I use.

The sight mounting screws are covered by the bridge. They need to be snug, but are easily over-torqued. Be careful.

View attachment 97492

Hope this helps. Best regards. Wind

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey again Rd -- The front sight is a trial and error sorta thang. I like to have the aperture of choice sitting on the top of the receiver and having a 50 yard zero. This will give all the elevation I can get out of the sight if I need it. Whatever the load and front sight combination gets me there is what I use.

The sight mounting screws are covered by the bridge. They need to be snug, but are easily over-torqued. Be careful.

View attachment 97492

Hope this helps. Best regards. Wind
Good looking out Wind I,m sure green or blue locktight is out of the Question with this app so care in tightening is a feel thing which I,m good at (famous LAST words)
Ounce I have the sight in hand and pull the filler screws I,ll get a good eyeball on what I have to deal with
Thanks The DOGG!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well a little update on the FREEBEE sight I WAS getting my Bud can,t find it anywhere We looked for two hrs for it and not to be found SO I,m on hold for a minute till I scratch the price of addmision for a new one At any rate I,ll get some pics of this fine 1895 up tonight without it on and when I get my$$ straight I,ll be buying one right
Any of you reloaders out there looking for some Pure lead in trade for one laying around I could barter the lead for it Just a thought
DOGG!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK guys not the best but here are the before Pics and after I find a sight I,ll make sure and get the after pics up

DSCF1301.JPG DSCF1304.JPG

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wondering what you guys think of Redfield Peeps ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts