Marlin Firearms Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I just heard from my local US Congressman. Sure is nice to see the support pouring in:

Let's be absolutely clear: Virginia has ALWAYS been the cradle of constitutional rights. Our state is the place where it all began — and the right to self-defense represents a founding American value.

The Democratic Party's leadership fails to understand that no law-abiding gun owner should EVER be denied their right to self-defense. So-called "Red-Flag Laws" would enable law enforcement to deprive Virginians of their constitutional rights and due process — and I won't stand for it.

As a strong Second Amendment Conservative, I will do everything in my power to support Virginia's Second Amendment Sanctuary Counties, Cities, and Towns.

·
Registered
15,655 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
I just read this, and it makes some good points about how we can handle our differences in the U.S.:

https://mises.org/wire/how-avoid-civil-war-decentralization-nullification-secession
Yes. Decentralization and simply ignoring government dictats is about the only way I can see to avoid war at this point.

But that is something the left cannot allow. The goal of their ideology is power, and they will have no qualms about sending the military to states who oppose them. At which point, there's war.

·
Registered
15,655 Posts
Yes. Decentralization and simply ignoring government dictats is about the only way I can see to avoid war at this point.

But that is something the left cannot allow. The goal of their ideology is power, and they will have no qualms about sending the military to states who oppose them. At which point, there's war.
From a news article relating Max Blumenthal’s ordeal, a quote:
"It's really scary that someone could be hauled out of his house by a team of cops, listed falsely as 'armed and dangerous,' and then jailed for two days and possibly put on trial because someone who doesn't like their political views decides to level a false allegation against him," he said. "There has to be some deterrence against this happening again."
My thought is that’s exactly what the Fourth Amendment was designed to do. Here is yet further proof the U.S. Constitution is a dead letter document as far as our government is concerned, where they ignore it when it limits their actions and lean on it when it aligns with their agenda.
R/Griff

81 - 86 of 86 Posts