Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that there is the possibility of the ban on HC magazines expiring this year. When is this due to happen? Just curious, as I wouldn't mind getting a 25 rounder for my 10/22 if it actually happens.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
September 14th, 2004 the 1994 Assault Weapons Bill will sunset in accordance with the law unless a new bill is passed by both houses and signed by the President. IMO, the chances of any extension or new ban passing in the House of Representatives is very low.

http://www.awbansunset.com/

BTW, after the ban sunsets, the legend "For Military and Law Enforcement Use Only" will have no legal standing, and possession of magazines and rifles so marked will be legal for anyone not otherwise disbarred from owning firearms.

This is only Federal law though. If you have state or local restrictions on magazine capacity or rifle configuration, they'll still stand.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
This fight is not over yet. If you have not been calling, e-mailing, faxing, visiting, or otherwise corresponding with your elected reps regarding the Sunsetting of the 1994 AWB you are WRONG!

I have to run out for a bit so I'll post more info, links, and perhaps some sample letters for you all to peruse.

G

·
R.I.P. "Assault Rifle Ban" ? ? ?

The "bill" would have passed, if it hadn't been included so many different parts and pieces, mainly the relinquishing firearms libiality from mfg'ers and sellers .... For all practical purposes it's DEAD for this session of Congress, but watch out in the new one ... The "anti's" aren't going to lay down and meet defeat this easily ... The "assault weapons" ban I'm sure will re-appear in some form ..... :evil:

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
I hope it goes away, even though it doesn't affect me, it is so rediculous. It's one of those "feel good" gun laws, that they pass just so they can say they did the right thing. What a load of horsepucky!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts