Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting a straight grip stock on my 336A(it fits up real nice and snug too). I will be putting an aftermarket lever on it and really like the levers Wild West makes. Does anybody know if this will mate up to the
straight-end tang I'm putting on my 336(A) rcv'r? Any advice would be appreciated before I spend $140 or so.
Thanks as always. :wink:
Billy Boy

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Howdy Hyde!

Should I take it from your response (IE: 1895/336) that a lever designed for a 1895 "would" work?(I hope, I hope!)
Billy Boy

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
It might or might not fit without some work. I've had some 1895 levers that fit a 336 with no work but I've also had some that didn't. I got lucky and always found what I needed without ever having to change one. I'm not even sure how to mod. it. Wild West Guns does list the 336 for its levers and I'm sure it would come with instructions on fitting it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're right but,,,

The 336 lever that WWG sells is for a P/G stock if I'm not mistaken. Which would seem to fly in the face of what I'm (not to mention w/ your help!) trying to accomplish. I'll settle on a regular straight lever if needbe; but, I'd really like to put that Big Loop on this rig! Dig?(sorry! couldn't help myself!)
Billy boy
:wink:

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Ok , I see now. E-mail them and ask. They have been very helpful to me in the past. When they were selling a lot on ebay I e-mailed them about a straight stock and in two hours they put one on ebay. I ended up getting a GG stock with a limbsaver pad for $11.00

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Remember that the larger the lever the more your hand can and will move around inside it when levering. This can really mess up your ability to get a decent follow up shot. I know if you are just trying to give a little more room for a large hand or for when you wear gloves then just that big is better than the ones like the "Rifleman" used on the TV show. There was a post awhile back where someone cut both ends of a lever, added a small piece of metal on each side to create a glove lever then used cold blue to finish it. Check the reference section not sure if it got posted there or not.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Another thing to consider that was posted by one of the guys a while back was that when hunting the large lever seemed to get caught on brush and stuff in the field.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts