Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help on how to survive in the wilderness for the winter because I'm going to be living in the wilderness. The nights are going to be really long up here so I need you guys to tell me some ways to make them enjoyable.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
First, stay away from rivers and cricks and streams.(don't want ya fallin' in)
Second, stock up on food, booze, books, booze, games, and..oh ya booze.
Third, get a good first-aid kit and a good rifle. (learn how to use both)
Fourth, lay in a good supply of wood.
Fifth, get a good sleeping bag, -30,..get two and make sure they zip together then ask that guy your sorta sweet on if he would mind fillin' up the other side. :wink:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Don't forget a good 45-70 lever rifle and at least a 44magnum pistol of some sort. Don't wanna be a Grizzly Appetizer! :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
If she got the BFR 45-70 she would have a pistol and rifle in the same caliber. Than she could get some reloading equipment and load for every thing from plinking to Grizz.

·
Registered
8,076 Posts
Lots of Beans and Potatoes/Firewood and Booze and music.The recipe for disaster.Cabin Fever!!!!Been there done that..5-Feet of snow every year and 30-40 below makes the local pubs rich...And couples take a serious look at each other. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck!!!!

Jayco

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
If you want enjoyable nights, go South. Way South. Like Mexico or the Caribbean. Then your nights will be filled with music and dancing until the wee hours and you'll never be cold again! :lol:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think Luis has the right idea! Anyways I like it. 8)

·
Registered
719 Posts
what?

There's a reason bears hibernate......THERE"S NOTHING TO DO IN THE WINTER! :shock:
sit, look out the window...sit some more....wish for spring....sit some more......look out the window again........sit and wish for spring......

see? that's why i moved back south! if i have only 75yrs or so......i DON"T want to spen 1/2 half just sitting......and then 1/3 of what's left would be spent sleeping.....then 1/2 of that is spent working somewhere.....so i get to do what i want with a few years~ :shock:
nope:not for me brother!.......unless you like carving, or making beautiful flintlock rifles by hand.....the winter is LOOONNNGGG....... :idea: fly south, go back in the spring! :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts