Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get the ejector for my 1894 but it is not listed as fitting those...is that correct?

ALSO.... I read a review on Brownell's that the aluminum mag flower did not work on an 1894 it was tried on ............ guy tried two seperate ones. I also wanted to get this for the 1894 in 44 & 357.

Anyone have PERSONAL experience before I order??

Does anyone make extractors too that are good? Or is stock fine?

Thanks in advance! I am going to cut down a 44 ( REP JUNK), and maybe a 30-30 also and need parts asap.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Stock is fine. I once had to file the back to thin a WWG ejecter so that it would fit a 1894.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
The ejector should fit, they're the same, the factory part is fine though, an aluminum follower shouldnt present any problems at all.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys..... from the responses here and private, I will stick with stock! Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
My question would be, before buying and fitting one of these, has anyone had a problem with the current stock ejector that the aftermarket one is supposed to fix? I've had no problems with a stock unit other than it chewing up brass when I first got the gun. Some stoning and polishing took care of that in short order. Same with the plastic magazine follower. Anybody broken one of those? I'd rather be buying components to make ammo than parts that aren't needed.

Stan S.

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
I'm 55 and have been messing with Marlins most of my life and have yet to break one. I think the CAS crowd gives theirs the roughest treatment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts