Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a place to hog hunt here in alabama, im in cullman i hunt bankhead some but would love to find a better place and maybe someone to hunt with too? thanks csa

·
Registered
681 Posts
CSA,

I'm in Montevallo (lower Shelby county) I hunt the Talledega National forrest (Childersburg side) and here locally at the Cahaba River WMA. No hogs on the public land I hunt.

I too would love to do some hog killing, but have few if any leads.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been hunting bankhead, theres alot of sighn but havent seen any during the two week special hunt, but come next deer season ill be there! i have killed alot of deer but very few hogs

·
Registered
54 Posts
Don't know where you guys are located, but there is a good to great supply of hogs all along the shores of the Alabama River, from Mobile,northward.

I have hunted the area around Camden and north quite a bit and there are tons of hogs. --- SAWMAN

·
Registered
933 Posts
Sawman

I'm in Chicago, but I have an old army buddy that lives in Brownsboro just east of Huntsville. He's not a hunter and I'm new to it. My question is the area you hunt around Camden is it public or is it private land that you hunt. Is there an area along the river that would be suitable for Rob and myself to try our luck.

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
24 Posts
Lowndes wma is your best chance for a hog on public land. I hunt there every chance I get! I also know a guy that owns land and he has a permit to hunt at night. Hit me up on here if u guys want to give lowndes a go. Now with that said, you can only hunt them when any season is open and with the weapon approved for that season. They have 2 special seasons, august 15th thru the 2nd and one in febuary not sure of the dates.

·
Banned
473 Posts
Just saw your post, sounds like a good opportunity. I would come down from SC, I have not hunted Hog before, love to get into it. I just love pork ribs:) Feb sounds good. Think the four of us could set a hunt up?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The next season in lowndes is in febuary. During this season we can bring out the big guns! Let me check the dates and all and I would more than happy to get with u guys and put some bacon on the ground. I hope yall dont mind wading in the swamps, thats where theyre at!

·
Banned
473 Posts
Just like humping in the Jungle....Viethnam, 1972. You do have snake repellant................. ;D

·
Registered
24 Posts
I dont even get out of the truck without snake boots on. Between august 15th / 18 seen about 30 snakes..mostly moccosans.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts