Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just asking if any of you 1895 guy's have made one up?
I have been thinking of a .375/70 with a sharp shoulder. I am no stranger to Wild cat's but it is all in Bolt action guns.

·
Registered
32,303 Posts
Sounds like a reasonable one. There is one that I have heard of that is a 401 built on the 450 Marlin.

·
Registered
605 Posts
68Glenfield said:
Just asking if any of you 1895 guy's have made one up?
I have been thinking of a .375/70 with a sharp shoulder. I am no stranger to Wild cat's but it is all in Bolt action guns.
That sounds pretty close to the .38-56 WCF which is based on the .45-70 case as was the .33 WCF.

Chris.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have shot a .33 win in a 86 and liked it very much ;D
I have about 300 of the Barns originals in 255gr sp I use them in my H&H at 2400fps and they are a super bullet for deer.
So the idea was born a super .375, for the big Marlin plus I could shoot heavy cast in it too.
When I save up enough I think I will try it ;D I have a used 1895 that I bought a few years ago that is beat up pretty bad. I know they have a .375 JDJ based on the .444 case so this one should be a bit better?
Of course I could just have my 71 rebored but it is not a Marlin and .348 cases are hard to come buy I only have a 100 of them for my Browning.
And I rather chop up a reg production gun.
Thanks for all the replies and idea's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts