Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enough time has elapsed since last deer season to have forgotten just what was put away in the freezer. Came home from work yesterday to that wonderful aroma that permeates the house when deer candy (those small slabs of meat on either side of the spine low in the abdominal cavity) is fresh frying in the skillet. Fried up fast in a little oil, salt and pepper with green beans and a baked potato, reminds a guy of the wisdom of that old saw that "you can't eat horns." Every meal like this is another opportunity to honor and celebrate last fall's hunt and the animals that made it possible. The time is probably not far off when people will spend no time personally harvesting a year's supply of meat, cleaning, butchering, and processing it for daily sustenance. I feel sorry for them as they will not be part of the earth or belong to it but merely exist there.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Your makin me hungry for some backstrap..... Wish I could have went out this last year to get My yearly ration of venison.... I like mine with a good merlot..... Oh well.... season is getting ever closer 8)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts