Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Wife's Citadel 92 "Vera" Update almost 1000 rounds after.

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  r80rt 
#1 ·
Citadel Lev-Tec 92 is very light, accurate, and handy rifle that will feed all sorts of ammo with little to no issues.
Price point is more than fair for everything you get with this rifle.
Citadel Levtec-454 Casull will be out in March.......my next buy.

Accuracy: At 100 yards using factory ammo; this gun is capable of 2 inch groups and 3" is common using a red dot sight .

Fit and Finish:
The finish is good enough for a working gun ( receiver easily scratches).
The buttstock to metal fit is excellent. ( Will try replacing the polymer buttstock with one from Boyds) The handguard is great ( use lock-tight for the two securing screws.)

Things I changed and will change:
Magazine Spring
Mag fallower
Ejector spring
Hammer Spring
( anyone recommend a source for a stiff
Did most of the modifications suggested on Steve's DVD
The front sling stud needed to be change out......issue that is common with other Levtec 92s.
The lever loop is way to big........anyone know of a decent replacement ( looking for a small to medium size loop).

Minor Issues:
Screws tend to loosen up under recoil
The rear sight (peep) tends to loosen out.
At times if the carrier screws are too tight/ the rounds will not feed from the magazine tube onto the carrier. ( Have not figured how this is happening) but if I play (loosen) the screws the rounds will start feeding again reliably. Have to play with this after each disassembly. Ongoing issue. Any advice will be appreciated.
After removing the cartridge guides play around with their positioning so that the round feed through reliably.
The little pin that goes inside the carrier came out during firing and I had to make one out of a coat hanger. ( I had to guess on the dimensions here )
The inside of the gun easily surface rusts ( use good lube to repel the water).

Ammo that has been tried: Feed and Cycle well
Federal 158JSP 357 mag ( Most accurate) ( although at times the gun shaves a bit of lead off the round upon chambering)
Fiocchi Soft Point 357 Mag 158gr
Hornady American Gunner, .357 Magnum, XTP, 125 Grain

Federal Hammer Down 170grain ( Extraction has been an issue in the past but after a spring swap no issues so far.)
Grizzley 357 MAGNUM 180gr WFNGC is on its way .

Armscor 158grain 38special
Streak 38 Special 125 Grain JHP Tracer ( Fun to shoot when it is getting dark)
Aguila Ammo, .38 Special, FMJ, 130 Grain
Fiocchi 38 Special 158gr FMJ
PPU 38 Special SWC HP 158GR

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.