Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my eye on another 39A at the pawn shop. It's a 1954 model with good bluing and the wood has been handled a lot but has only a couple nicks in the forearm. Action on it is real smooth and if I remeber correctly it had the micro groove lettering on the barrel. Got the price down to $330 but can't make up my mind to pull the trigger. Why do I want it...just because it's there ?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Because two is better than one? :biggrin:

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Just because its there works. If you have the $$$ and its in good shape, that's not a lot of money for the rifle.

Mike T.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Wow that sounds like a great price. I did not "need" another, but could not resist the 350.00 price for a 1950 made one.. I have a thread down below yours a little.

I decided I am atleast going to keep the new one around for a while for sure..

GET IT

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
$330? Some guys have all the luck!

Reactions: Fun junky

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I told the guy that $300 out the door was good for me. That would be all the luck for me.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Gee, I asked myself the same question about four 39As, ago. :) Of course, my husband and I shoot, together, so we each need at least two, one with a peep, one with a scope and so on.

Actually, that price is all the excuse I would need to buy another 39A.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Are you seriously asking the question, or are you just jerking our chain? If the first, buy it! If the second, STOP doing that.

One of my Mounties came from a deceased cousin (his daughter gave it to me), it has been rode prettY hard by cousin, his kids, and grandkids. Forget sentiment. $330 would not touch it in our market.

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
Ours is not to reason why...ours is but to buy or die! Go and get it man! :driver:

Reactions: sharpsdressedman

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
I thought i got a deal at 400 for mine with a scope attached though.
So when do we get to see pictures of the rifles together?

·
Premium Member
4,755 Posts
Man, I'd just have to suck it up an take an a $$ whooping from my wife for that deal!

·
Banned
8,177 Posts
Are you seriously asking the question, or are you just jerking our chain? If the first, buy it! If the second, STOP doing that.

One of my Mounties came from a deceased cousin (his daughter gave it to me), it has been rode prettY hard by cousin, his kids, and grandkids. Forget sentiment. $330 would not touch it in our market.
I agree.When I see a Marlin in good shape at a good price I jump on it.No reason needed.The only post I would make is to show it off!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Heck Fire, at $330 it's only $100 more than a New plastic Ruger 10/22............something to think about :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
If you like it, you need it. I have over half a dozen long barrel Model 60's and will keep buying all I find in near mint condition, it's an addiction, ain't life grand.

·
Registered
278 Posts
YES more 39a s ...........................

1 - 20 of 21 Posts