Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a 22 magnum and was glad to see that NEF made a Sportster model( handi-rifle clone ) in 22 magnum. Unfortunately, it only comes with iron sights, no scope rail or drilled and tapped for one. ( They do offer a rail on the 17 caliber). Given the fact that 22 magnum is a varmint round and therefore is usually set up for a scope, I don't understand why NEF doesn't offer that configuration. If they did I would buy it in a second. Any thought /explanations? Thank you for your time and expertise.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
I thought all H&R's were drilled and tapped but with those that have open sights you have to buy the rail separate. The reason the 17 comes with a rail is because it has no open sights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Gohon and quickdtoo. After reading your replies I called H&R and they confirmed , the sportster in drilled and tapped. They were glad I called and reminded me that most retail people in the stores have no idea what they are talking about. Thanks again. Zackary

·
Registered
84 Posts
Zackary said:
They were glad I called and reminded me that most retail people in the stores have no idea what they are talking about. Thanks again. Zackary
Good lord, they just described every retail chain in America. This is why you can't drag me into a Home Depot. ::)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts