Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I just got this beautiful “Golden” 39A (Friday). Wanted to take it out somewhere today (Sunday) and try it out. But last night (Saturday) I placed it against the wall, next to my new 336, to take a picture (see avatar). When I turned around to get my camera, the 336 fell into the 39A, which fell behind the cabinet, breaking off the “rear site folding leaf”.

Guess I’ll have to call Marlin tomorrow (Monday) and order a new one. And from now on, the sight leafs on both stay folded

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, does anyone know about how long it will take to get that part here in NJ. I feel like I just found a new love and discovered it was only "a one night stand" :cry:

Jeez..... I think I've been married too long :roll: LOL

·
Registered
729 Posts
Don't you just hate it when that happens. Sorry about your bad luck. Kind of like getting a brand new vehicle and putting a scratch on it leaving the dealers lot. From what I have heard about Marlins costumer service they are pretty quick in getting things out so if you call them tomorrow you will probably have it by Friday.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wuchak said:
Maybe it's trying to tell you wants a ghost ring.
Ok, so what's the difference between a "Ghost Ring" and the "Peep Sight" like I got on the Ol' 80-DL ?

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
I hope you kicked that rotten old 336 all over the room, for messing up your new 39a! :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
marlinman93 said:
I hope you kicked that rotten old 336 all over the room, for messing up your new 39a! :wink:
I would but it's brand new too. I'd like to fire it at least once befor I beat it up. :lol:

·
Registered
564 Posts
howie38 said:
the sight leafs on both stay folded
I would refrain from leaving them in any precarious position, at anytime!!! :wink:

In the "right" situation, the sight could break just as easily folded.

Oh yeah, I NEVER shoot on Sunday!! Except in case of emergency, of course!

I know it's difficult, but don't get overly obsessed. Intense obsession always leads to short-sighted decisions. :|

I do feel for you though. I'd be all to pieces if anything happened to any of my rifles!! :cry:

·
Registered
57 Posts
howie38 said:
Ok, so I just got this beautiful “Golden” 39A (Friday). Wanted to take it out somewhere today (Sunday) and try it out. But last night (Saturday) I placed it against the wall, next to my new 336, to take a picture (see avatar). When I turned around to get my camera, the 336 fell into the 39A, which fell behind the cabinet, breaking off the “rear site folding leaf”.

Guess I’ll have to call Marlin tomorrow (Monday) and order a new one. And from now on, the sight leafs on both stay folded

You have to be, oh, so, carefull.

Everything wil be fine as soon as your new part comes in the mail

Henry t

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I called Marlin and ordered the part. Only $5. But the nice lady is telling me it’ll take 4-6 weeks for delivery. I said “you mean days ?” She says “no, weeks” I can’t believe that ! :shock:

But just in case. Anyone know of an alternative suppliers, if I don’t get it by next week ?

Vacation's in three weeks :) and I’d like to get some range time with it.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
howie38 said:
I called Marlin and ordered the part. Only $5. But the nice lady is telling me it’ll take 4-6 weeks for delivery. I said “you mean days ?” She says “no, weeks” I can’t believe that ! :shock:

But just in case. Anyone know of an alternative suppliers, if I don’t get it by next week ?

Vacation's in three weeks :) and I’d like to get some range time with it.
:p She read this thread and is going to take so long as to teach you not to be leaning your guns up against a smooth wall like that again :p

·
Registered
564 Posts
Well bud, here's a link. You have to buy the complete sight(elevator and all) for $15.00. I don't know how long it'll take, but I figured you could check all that out 'n' see if it'll help.

I don't know anything about this outfit, so you might want to check-out the "About Us" and "Services" links on the left column, before you jump on it!

I sure hope you get that baby straightened out soon!

http://www.chasjonesgunparts.citymax.com/catalog/item/880726/455326.htm

·
Registered
729 Posts
I think I would call that lady back and tell her you got to have it before then because snow-snake season ends on March 10th and that was the only gun you got to hunt them with. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Howie38,

stock#550-202-242 sight,rear,folding leaf for 39as
$5.19

Brownells-1-800-741-0015

Brownells stocks parts for most marlins .

Henry t

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Nightrain,
I live in PA and we just got more snow so they extended the snow snake season here, don't know about NJ though they are kind of funny about extending hunting seasons and such.

BTW, do you have any good recipes for cooking snowsnake :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Brownell's Ordered Monday,, arrived Thursday.. Great Service .. I would just get it too and have a spare just in case ..

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well here, you have to take a special “Snow Snake Shooters Course” including a course on “How to tell a male snowsnake from a female snowsnake (they have different seasons), purchase a “Snow Snake Hunting Stamp” from Wildlife Management followed by a permit for the area you want to hunt snowsnakes. :shock:

Then, at the last minute the NJ D.E.P. nixes the whole hunt. :x

And don't get me started on bowhunting snowsnakes :!:

·
Registered
69 Posts
A ghost ring is the same as a peep with the aperature removed. With the hole that large all you see is a faint ghost of the ring as you look through it. Much faster to acquire the target and not much lost in practical accuracy. Most ghost rings can be threaded for inserts if you want to use them.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
564 Posts
howie, when you get your sight from Marlin, SAFELY redo your pic, so we can admire those fine arms, both with rear sights! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts