Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering why people enjoy the pistol grip versues the straight grip? And vise versa? Is it just looks, is there a benefit to either?

Thanks,
Chad

·
Administrator
23,798 Posts
The pistol grip is a fit and feel thing and most often when building rifles for accurate shooting it is chosen. I have both and feel it doesn't make much difference if you shoot often.

·
Registered
573 Posts
All of the above. Fit, feel, looks, the way it carries, etc. I started out with a Winchester and their straight grips but have came to like the Marlin for its better design IMHO, and those that started with the pistol gripped Marlins will probably favor that style.

G

·
It's a definite comfort issue with me, and I prefer the pistol-type grip, but have guns with both pistol and straight.

I just find the more acute angle on the pistol grip to be more comfortable because I don't have to keep my wrist bent at a funny angle and can maintain my grip for a longer period in a shooting position.

My wrist just doesn't bend to an angle that likes a straight grip for long periods of time.

:)

·
Registered
485 Posts
what fw said also there is the school of thought that you have more straight back push & less muzzle flip with a straight stock & get back on target quicker, i havent shot enuf straight stocks to tell a diffrence only own pistol grip,mike243

·
Registered
265 Posts
Doesn't matter to me when I shoot them.

I think the straight grip is better looking though. Sleeker and faster to "sholder-and-shoot".

·
Registered
58 Posts
The straight grip feels better to my wrist when the gun is either shouldered or being carried. :wink:
AND it's nicer looking! :mrgreen:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts