Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dang sure don't.

Been AWOL from here for a good bit with confutor problems. Had to re-format my hard drive, then I got a deal on the Windows upgrade to XP and ended up having to redo almost everything on hard drive.

Now that I found my way back, I'll try and stick my head in more often

Willy

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Welcome back Willy! It has been a long time since you posted. Hope all is well with your puter now!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Willy,

I was wondering why you didn't chime in any on my posts about the '88 I stumbled on. Check'em out. I had the "magnet" for a little while but somebody swiped it.

C.S.

·
Registered
719 Posts
welcome back!

welcome back! :D thought maybe you had gone over to the m14 web sites and traded levers for "black rifles" with lasers and flashlights on them!!!!! :p
yup....i HAD the magnet for awhile, but it was de-tuned to stevens rifles!....but i may be back on the straight-an-narrow.....travis found me a fellow to fix my 44-40 88', and i'm sending out the money fer it today!!!!

YEHAW! :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kaintuck, glad to hear you finally getting that carrier! Be sure and keep us up with how it works out.

Carillo, read those! Wish I had that kind of a Marlin magnet.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Kaintuck,

I stopped by Eric's on the way home today. We ran some bullets through my rifle and it worked almost as good with your carrier as it did with mine. Depending on how much difference there is between the two rifles you may not have to do anything to it. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I asked Eric about making a Cresent buttplate for my CB models that will screw right on like the factory plastic one does. He said he'd give it a look. I asked if brass would be any better than steel. I knew it would be softer and easier to machine. He said it is also a little more expensive. The reason I asked about brass is I know it will be easier to do the final fittting and no blueing or casehardening needed. What do ya'll think about this Idea?

Willy, I plan to post some pics of it as soon as I get a chance.

C.S.

·
Registered
719 Posts
hummmmm.....

if you want to go that route, take a look around dixie gun works or track of the wolf....they have buttplates galore~you just need to 'finish' them out. :?
and i'm a-waiting~ :p dang post man is on his way.......he better hurry it up! i can't stand it much longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Kaintuck,

When I left he was going to take some pics of it for his web site and then put it in the mail. I hope it makes it to you safe and sound by the end of the week.

Thanks for the tip on DGW, I had forgot about them.

C.S.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts