1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
11,566 Posts
Yeah I saw that couple days ago. Shucks, I can't even afford to drool over that one!:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
You know, if I had the money I'd buy it, handle it, clean it, load it & shoot it. After that I'd handle it some more and buy dies for it. A very Purdy rifle but it would see many, many days at the range. Can you imagine the conversations?

1895gunner​
Yep, and I bet a bunch of 'em would start something like "Holy ****, are you nuts!"

It'd be kinda fun to play along with it and just kinda drool and mumble a while to string 'em along before explaining that guns are made to SHOOT!

I bet if a guy offered to let 'em shoot it, not many would turn it down.

Oh, how about posting on line that you want to swap your walnut stock for a gray laminate because you want to chop one down, add a couple top and side rails and get ready for the zombie apocalypse and show pic's of THAT one. Man, I could have SOOO much fun with it!

Dang 1895gunner, if you ever pass through Kansas City, we gotta hang out and have a beer or three.

Reactions: JACKTW and Golphin

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Yes indeed that one is a looker for sure!!!

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
There sure ain't much wiggle room between the minimum bid and the BIN price. Geeeeez:hmmmm:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Let's think this thru..... Originally sold for North of $40K. Now the BIN price is $22K. Anyone wonder why the price fell out of bed???? Me thinks more than 1/2 the value in 1989 was the Centennial Hype. Secondly, you can't shoot it regularly or it will wind up looking like all those other beater guns hung in the back window of the F150. So you fork over $22K and get to stare at it. And you get to add a rider to your homeowners insurance policy. Sounds like a worthwhile investment to me :shot:

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
WOW! Too rich for my blood! :eek:

·
Registered
569 Posts
I can never buy a gun like that because I would shoot it until the rifling wore smooth...

·
Registered
325 Posts
So... There are 237 members on the forum a this moment.. At only 93 bucks each we could chip in and get it!!!! Of course we would divi up visitation rights to about 1.2 days per year..

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I own three nicely embellished firearms (just sold another) and the range problem is that they draw too much attention. Folks want to stand around and watch while I shoot. They also detract from what you need to be doing during the cease fire times. Yes, I love the guns and I do like people. I really like gun talk, but there are times.......Same problem when I took a nice single shot Shiloh Sharps to the range. I guess what I'm saying is that while I'm shooting new loads, or sighting in, I like to concentrate on what I'm doing-not on what I kind of rifle is being used.

If you took the topic of discussion to the range, you would draw so much attention that you would likely never get off a shot. which might be a good thing with that work of art.

·
Registered
682 Posts
It's pretty and all but I buy my guns to shoot and I would never pay that kind of money on a rifle no matter how pretty it is. I'm with Golphin, if it's going to be $21K or higher it better be able to smoke the tires!

·
Banned
651 Posts
Thats a real beauty. It is a shame if one owned it you can't shoot it. I recently bought an 1894 golden spike 30-30. After pondering a while about value and not shooting it, I realized I have a great gun to trade with to get a JM stamped 45-70!!!!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Thats a real beauty. It is a shame if one owned it you can't shoot it. I recently bought an 1894 golden spike 30-30. After pondering a while about value and not shooting it, I realized I have a great gun to trade with to get a JM stamped 45-70!!!!!! :biggrin:
Why couldn't you shoot it?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
There's a nice 32-20 Marlin at a local LGS near me. If anyone is interest I can get imfo. on it.Its not a centinal and I believe its pre safety.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Looks like it would fit my saddle scabbard. Great gun for porcupine and coyote hunting.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts