Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot these groups last Sunday at the Marlin Owners GTG in Orlando. Contrary to popular belief my gun doesn't seem to care if the barrel is hot. I shot about 200 rounds this weekend and I never let the rifle cool down except for when I was shooting my other guns.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well done!

·
Banned
400 Posts
That good shootin there buddy. My youngest sons Glenfield 30 will do that with him behind it and Leverevers in the pipe. It kind of puzzles people when they get out shot by some kid with a pony tail and a 250 dollar rifle (scope included). ;D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Those federal 170´s shoot well aye? Its all I´ve used so far bt can't really see a reason to try anything else... cheapest ammo available here (NZ) as well. I can get 100 rounds for $120 NZ (95USD).

Maybe keen to try the leverevo when I can afford...

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
minute of deer works for me and evidently also works for you and your Marlin. Take care and enjoy, John.

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Hi Earplay,
We don't even pay that much for ammo over here in Oz. This is just the reason you should start to reload. Crikey $120 bucks UnZud you could shoot a lot more cheaply with just a Lee hand press.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yes in hindsight it is probably bad quoting ´cheap´ ammo from NZ ;). Like most things, our small economy makes ammo more expensive. It just seems cheap when i was paying $60 (NZ) per box of 20 for my .308 win. $3 a round??. It is one of the main reasons I bought a 30-30. I wanted a 45-70 but ammo was $5 per round... cheap meat but an expensive paper punch.

·
Registered
356 Posts
All I know about my Marlin 30-30 is that the rifle is more accurate than I am. Good shooting

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ronm said:
All I know about my Marlin 30-30 is that the rifle is more accurate than I am. Good shooting
I hear ya, all I need now is a deer stand with a built in bench rest.

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
Centaur 1 said:
Sounds just like that discussion you, 2shotal and I had last weekend at the Shoot.... Maybe we can work on the stand/bench rest design prior to the season opening. I was thinking more on the lines of a drink / rifle holder. ;D

BTW, good shootin Mike!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Centaur 1 said:
funny you should mention that,it just so happens that is exactly what i was planning to build for next year

1 - 11 of 11 Posts