Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Who makes ???

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Mike 2010 
#1 ·
Who makes an inexpensive AR15 I do need a big name,the bell I want is the collapsible stock If I can hit paper at 100 yds with a 6" group I wold be happy.

Reactions: Texas Shooter
#11 ·
The latter, I don't know much about them, I am like wregan tired of being told what I can have or not have. The one liver 41 posted is good, close to what I want, I look at gun shows.

#3 · (Edited)
Three of the better budget AR15 manufacturers with good warranty and service. S&W mp / sport 2 , DPMS , Ruger. All can be had used in great shape for under 5 bills Easy. Go to local gunshows and you WILL run into someone that extended themselves too much and looking to move fast for cash. After the AR market Bubble popped, Ar's returned to sane pricing, for perfectly good sporters. Seriously you don't have to pay or look long to find a SW sporter / II. If you want new then 6 bills will get it done. I'll search a moment and get you a few leads to NIB items that easily fit your bill. be back in 5 min.

This is a good do all plinker / home defense / rec. - target shotting / pest eliminator package at a good market price.

https://grabagun.com/smith-and-wesson-m-p15-sptii-pk-556n-16-30rd-blk.html

P.S. Admin / Moderators / Sorry if this link is a violation I will take it down immediately if it is and I apologize

#6 ·
As a former Infantry Squad Designated Marksman the S&W M&P are what I own. They shoot great for me. The best part is the "commando" that sold them to me when they were on sale ($450 ea) said they are the perfect "starter" AR. So I just had to ask, what made that $1,800 LMT better. All he had was "it's got a better trigger" ! Well......there you have it. I like my M&Ps and my kids love shooting them too.

#8 ·
+2 on what MF72 said. Palmetto had some quality issues in the past but they are getting good reviews now. I picked up 4 Anderson lowers a few weeks back for $40 each. I'm seriously looking at PSA's (mid length gas) rifle kit for 299.99. Adding in money for taxes and shipping i will have less than $400.00 in it.
Is it a top shelf gun? No but I really don't care for "black" rifles. I'm more of a blue steel & walnut kind of guy. But I got tired of silly politicians telling me I can't or I don't need one. When I'm done I'll have 4 basic rifles with ammo & mags (just in case of what ever happens) for under 2 grand. Back in the 80's when I thought I was a good pistol shooter I spent almost that on one gun.
When I die my wife will have something to auction off ;D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.