Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Last Friday I put a used 30AW in layaway at my favorite gunshop. It's a 1995 in good condition. I had a 30-30 (unknown model) before but had to sell it. I regretted that, so that's why I got the one in layaway. I'll be the first to admit that I don't know much about guns. I'm kind of a newbie if you will. I wanted to know more about Marlins so I innocently searched the web. I found y'all. I've learned so much so far from lurking. So today...sigh....I went to another gunshop and found...sigh...a never shot 2004 336C .35 Rem. It's in layaway too. :lol:

I've got a fevuh...

·
Super Moderator
15,953 Posts
ShowMeState1977 said:
Hello all. Last Friday I put a used 30AW in layaway at my favorite gunshop. It's a 1995 in good condition. I had a 30-30 (unknown model) before but had to sell it. I regretted that, so that's why I got the one in layaway. I'll be the first to admit that I don't know much about guns. I'm kind of a newbie if you will. I wanted to know more about Marlins so I innocently searched the web. I found y'all. I've learned so much so far from lurking. So today...sigh....I went to another gunshop and found...sigh...a never shot 2004 336C .35 Rem. It's in layaway too. :lol:

I've got a fevuh...
WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!!!

After you get those two up & running you will find a MUST NEED for 1894's, 444's, 45/70's, & a 450.

FEED YOUR ADDICTION!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Welcome to the club :D :D

You are off to a good start :lol:

Make sure your next one is a 45/70 or 450. Don't waste your time with the .444 if you already have a rimfire. They are a lot cheaper to shoot and are pretty much interchangeable. (did I say that out loud? 8) )

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Wyatt said:
I'm divorced and broke because of it.
I have been broke.. working on the first part :lol:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gunjunkie said:
Wyatt said:
I'm divorced and broke because of it.
I have been broke.. working on the first part :lol:
Fortunately for now I am single. Working on the broke part.

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
ShowMeState1977 said:
Fortunately for now I am single. Working on the broke part.
In that case, full steam ahead, and don't look back till the credit cards melt. :D Don't forget about the 39A's, it'll quickly become one of your favorites.........

Oh, and welcome to the nuthouse.....

Shum8

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
It's too late for you, but I have been trying to warn folks every chance I get that they should wear a surgical mask and latex gloves while on-line at Marlin Owners.

Welcome to the forum.

What part of Missouri? I grew up in Columbia and raised my children in Jeff City before coming to Wyoming.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
35 miles South of St Louis in Festus.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Not my stompin' grounds but, yep, know where it is.

I wanted to name my first child Festus Leroy. :shock: But I was in Nam and the wife and child were here so I got out voted. Name ended up Jon Christopher. He's almost 37 now and he's a keeper! :D

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Welcome.

This board has made me work harder to buy more Malrins... 4 years ago I owned less than 1 Marlin. Now I own less than 30. Buliding a pretty nice collection for my kids to fignt over.

I agree with the .444 sintement. You need one really bad. One thing that we will all agree on is the .444 will do anything the 45/70 will do... hehe, ever seen fur fly?

Hope enjoy the forum, become a regular, learn to lie with the best.

SS

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to getting my Marlins! Any of you fellers/ladies want to send me some money so I can get 'em out of lay away?

Speaking of lay away, thank God for it! With out it, a lot of poor folk wouldn't have anything "nice".

God bless y'all!

·
Premium Member
18,033 Posts
Hey, ShowMe, welcome to the forum. I'm in south St Louis, wishing I was farther south than you are! I'm really proud of you for having the guts to put BOTH of them on layaway.......it'll drive you crazy until you get them home, but there's nothing like starting a family off the right way! Guns are like kids, if you wait to have them until you can afford them, you'll never get them. And I smile every time I see someone get their first 35. I lusted after one for years, and finally lucked into a sweet deal at a pawnshop because they thought it was some obsolete caliber than no one wanted. Brought a 99% gun home for under two bills, and giggled for a month afterwards. First two groups at 100 were right at an inch, with factory ammo. Fell into a similar deal on a 30-30 (that I swore I had no use for, since I already had a 35.) It shoots almost as well. If you don't handload, I'd recommend that as your next expense. Factory ammo for the 30-30 isn't bad, but can be pretty pricey for the 35. Plus, you can shoot light pistol bullets out of the 35 for next to nothing, and they're great for breaking women and kids in on leverguns.

Welcome to the asylum. Normal folks rarely have as much fun as we do!
Marlin's next slogan ought to be, "Marlinitis...........Share the madness!"

Papajohn the Happy Lunatic

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
ShowMeState1977 said:
I've got a fevuh...
I got a 336 at walmart and then a month and a half later my 1895 in 45-70. I know what you mean, bro. Now my girlfriend is telling me she will kill me if I by another gun... and I am alreay looking at the 1894SS in .44.... :twisted:

Good luck to you.

Mad

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the_mad_rshn said:
ShowMeState1977 said:
I've got a fevuh...
I got a 336 at walmart and then a month and a half later my 1895 in 45-70. I know what you mean, bro. Now my girlfriend is telling me she will kill me if I by another gun... and I am alreay looking at the 1894SS in .44.... :twisted:

Good luck to you.

Mad
If she makes good on her promise...where do you want us to send the flowers?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
ShowMe,

I have a friend from Festus, who just got a new Toyota. Any chance that's you?

Anyway, it could be worse. You could have fallen in love with Kimbers. Then you would be really broke :!: :!:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
ShowMeState1977 said:
If she makes good on her promise...where do you want us to send the flowers?
If she does, I will let you all know :D

Mad

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
fargus080 said:
ShowMe,

I have a friend from Festus, who just got a new Toyota. Any chance that's you?

Anyway, it could be worse. You could have fallen in love with Kimbers. Then you would be really broke :!: :!:
MMM Kimbers!

No Toyotas here! Dodge products all the way!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Show me, Welcome to the site. I think in a short time you will have a family of Marlins you will be proud of. They are just neet little rifles to hold and shoot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts