Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you like them as much as me? Also tell the guage and model.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I only have a 410 and since I'm not the squirrel hunter I uesd to be, it hasn't got fired yet. But the day will be coming!
tommy

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Just a 410 at this time, but I've probably owned 20 or so, over the years. Don't much care for the 10 or 12 ga's in those light single shots. They were also Mfg'd under H&R Topper and now I think still under the marlin Logo.

Also, several years ago, had a muzzleloader in H&R. A couple of Handi Rifles too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 12 gauge with modified choke that I bought as a cheap way to try trap. I really like it but unfortunately I moved before I got any good at trap and my new club doesn't have it. Even thought it's light with a slip on recoil pad shooting three rounds of trap in a row was comfortable.

·
Super Moderator
15,953 Posts
981tman said:
Do you like them as much as me? Also tell the guage and model.
All the gauges; started my son & 5 grandsons out with them too!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts

I have a 16 ga. with a full choke and it is great for squirrel but the fixed full choke really makes wing shooting difficult. I think a 20 ga. barrel with the rib and removable choke would make a sweet gun.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jb: What a coinkydink!!(coincidence) I have the same gun, and i also think it is a great squirrel gun. YOu cant bust one of them, thats for shure.

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
The first firearm I ever bought was an H&R Topper 20ga. It was stolen and I always wished for another...

I found a NIB H&R .410 at a gunshow in Ohio some years ago and bought it, what a fun shotgun!

·
Banned
1,569 Posts
I have the 12 gauge Turkey Gun with interchangable chokes and a laminated NWTF engraved stock.

I have a 20 gauge youth model with a nickel plated receiver and an adult buttstock installed.

I love them.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
I have a 20g youth pardner. Love the little thing. For skeet I often leave the Remington 1100 in the case and roll with the NE. I'm more consistant with it and I can bust multiple clays with great consistancy.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I got a 12 ga Pardner full choke NIB just the other day. Fitted a Pachmayer recoil pad and it still kicks some kinda wicked, as is the nature of the beast. Despite the mean recoil, I like it as it is light to carry, and easy to handle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi ,
I own 2-20 ga.'s Pardner , my young boy used it for his first and second deer.
We take them out to shoot clays also,lots of fun. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
H&R

i am going to be 50 this year. my dad bought me a brand new H&R 20ga. when i was 12. i still ahve it and love it. my son grew up shooting it and so did my daughter. i also have a H&R 12ga i bought used back in 1984. i killed my 1st fox squirell with the 20ga, my 1st turkey, 1st rabbit and many others. they are very trustworth and you cant wear them out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Aaah yes...the "regular" NEF's. What a great simplistic gun. I have several... a .12, a .410, and a .20 youth. I picked up all three of them out of an estate. The bores and internals were great but they had quite a bit of suface rust. As a result of the surface rust, I paid $10 a piece. I refinished them and they turned out quite nice. The .20 youth is my favorite because it is lightweight and shoulders perfectly with the short stock when wearing extra clothing during the colder months. All of the guns shoot anything I put in them. Can't go wrong!

·
Registered
74 Posts
i have a 20ga/full pardner model. it was my first gun, got it from k-mart in 1986 when i was 11. it has the case hardened/colored reciever. i still carry it sometimes small game hunting. i just got a 28ga. barrel for my handi rifle. its lighter than the pardner!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I love mine, I have a wood stocked 10ga I bought in high school to shoot ducks and geese with. IT kills on one end and cripples on the other. ;D I thought highly enough of the 10 to buy a 20 ga that I use to hunt rabbits and squirrels with. Really a nice light gun.

They may not be all you want, but they are all you need.

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
My 1st shotgun was a single shot H&R 12ga....I hunted everything from pheasant to squirrel and rabbit with it. Anyway, I ordered Pardner youth .410ga for my 8yr old boy and it will be here this week. $117.95 ......still a great price for an American made shotgun.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
When I was much younger I had several of them in 12Ga. but sold all. I did purchase a 10Ga back in about 1979 and used to use it goose hunting and it was one dandy of a goose buster. ;D I still have it but it has not been used in 20 years.

Shoot straight, Joe 8)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have an old topper in 12ga paid $49.00 years ago brand new in box from an old man who said that he used to use one like it to shoot gaters in the swamps in LA. Hence I call it the gater gun

1 - 20 of 55 Posts