Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,802 Posts
Looks good...

Keep your eyes open for a black plastic bucket... 5 gallon paint bucket works well... And cut you some new ones... You won't have to worry about the paint scratching or flaking off....

·
Premium Member
12,104 Posts
Whatever floats your Boat.................Looks OK to me..........

Marlin had an Engineer that did a cost reduction back in the 70's and removed the White Spacers...........Probably saved all of 0.13 cents..........How he got that change past Frank Kenna, I'll never know.......

I happen to like the white spacers, but they DO shrink over time..........

Tom

·
Administrator
23,826 Posts
I've thought of making 3 in Red, White & Blue. Then I'm happy with my homemade white ones.

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms! Worked as an engineering
12,661 Posts
They are certainly a Marlin trademark. That said, for my own tastes I prefer the classic black on walnut. Spacers look like bling to me. Definition of bling: Flashy, gaudy. My definition: Flashy, gaudy, serves no purpose.

Just me folks. I like hot-rods with no chrome too. It's all about classic styling, quality, performance, and function.

AC

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I like the white, as well.
But it's your rifle.

As for spacers....
Replacements can be found dirt cheap from a myriad of sources. Almost any color of the rainbow is available - including rainbows - if you look long enough and hard enough.

This pile only cost me about $8. -- About 25 tip/grip spacers, and 20 to 25 butt spacers. I paid less than the going rate, but they're still cheap normally.
(No current plans for the red and yellow. But they were on clearance, you never know what life is going to throw your way, and I was ordering anyway...)

I've thought of making 3 in Red, White & Blue. Then I'm happy with my homemade white ones.
You're evil. Now I have to get some blue...

Attachments

·
Registered
856 Posts
I like the spacers, too...IF they were original on the gun as manufactured. On my 1894C and 1894 .44, I removed them, used a little steel wool and sandpaper to polish them up, then put them back on. I know they’re not necessary, but for me they complete the gun.

But, that’s the joy of our hobby. No judgment here!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.