Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had pulled some moose and deer sausages out for supper tonight. My young fella suggested we have whistle dogs. OK I'll play your game. What's a Whistle Dog? Bacon, cheese and dogs. Maybe I lived a sheltered childhood but I can honestly say I've never had a Whistle Dog.

So I thought to myself, BACON! CHEESE! It has to be good. ;D

I flashed up the BBQ cooked the sausage. My boy did up the bacon on the stove and shredded some marble cheese. Some diced spanish onion, mustard, ketchup and we were set. Toasted the buns, sliced the sausage down the middle and filled with a slice of bacon and shredded cheese. Topped with onions, mustard and ketchup.

Pretty tasty. ;D

I'm thinking a little bit of roasted jalepeno might just kick that old whisle dog up a notch or two.... 8)

HA

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Marla,

Yes I agree any type sausage could be used for them. Even ::) Heaven forbid, hotdogs. ;D

HA

·
Premium Member
9,714 Posts
I am going to have to try that this week! Got a batch of jalapeno cheese elk brats in the freezer!

·
Premium Member
6,558 Posts
HuntAway That combo sounds so tasty that I decided to wrap American cheese around the the pretzel I was munching on. But when I opened up the frig the Coors beer was in the way. So while it was in my hand, why put it back the label turned blue. It was ready to drink anyhow. I'm sure a slice or two of jalapeno would kick it up a notch but! I'm sure my toilet visit will also be A$$ kicking up a notch or two as well. :eek:

T :'( NY

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
308/338 said:
HuntAway That combo sounds so tasty that I decided to wrap American cheese around the the pretzel I was munching on. But when I opened up the frig the Coors beer was in the way. So while it was in my hand, why put it back the label turned blue. It was ready to drink anyhow. I'm sure a slice or two of jalapeno would kick it up a notch but! I'm sure my toilet visit will also be A$$ kicking up a notch or two as well. :eek:

T :'( NY
:-X hahahaha but an adventure worth taking none the less. ;D

HA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.