Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay fellow Marlin fans. I want/need your input... again.Hold nothing back. Here is my predicament. I have been looking for a Marlin 39M Octagon .22 (only made in 1973) so they are not that common. Well I have also been kind of sweet on Marlins CB Limited .45 Long Colt with 24" octagon barrel and checkered furniture made by Marlin in the 1990's. I know the 39M Octagon is more scarce than the .45 CB LC at this time in history. In time though??? Which will be worth more and more scarce?? Whichever I, get I will shoot. It will not be a safe queen. Then again it will not be used for hunting, just shooting for fun. I own three VERY NICE Marlin .22 lever guns and no anything in .45? Never even shot one before. Are the .45 LC's enjoyable to shoot? Aside from the obvious price difference between .22 and .45 LC.Which way should I go? With regard to price I believe they are about the same at present? Please advise. Thanks.:hmmmm:

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
That's Easy...... Buy'em BOTH!!! :biggrin:
You WON'T REGRET IT!

BloodGroove4570

·
Registered
970 Posts
Gimme a break.... the ONLY year the 39M - Octagon was produced was 1973. Have all the fun shooting you want with whatever boings your spring, but that is the rifle you should have for the long haul. It's a no brainer.

Reactions: Remy103

·
Registered
569 Posts
Gee, it must be hard having all these nice Marlins around to buy... :biggrin: I vote get them both, but pick up the .22 first. Put the CB on layaway if you have to.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gee, it must be hard having all these nice Marlins around to buy... :biggrin: I vote get them both, but pick up the .22 first. Put the CB on layaway if you have to.
Well to be honest I have only located the 45 CB. The 39M Octagon will be the proverbial "needle in the haystack". As much as I want both I can only afford one. :( Man sometimes life is just not fair like that.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Good luck in your search, I hope you find one!

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
I've got both and I hardly ever shoot the 39. Shoot both of my CB's every month though.

Reactions: Remy103

·
Registered
434 Posts
Well to be honest I have only located the 45 CB. The 39M Octagon will be the proverbial "needle in the haystack". As much as I want both I can only afford one. :( Man sometimes life is just not fair like that.
Well, looks like you have two choices. 1) Buy the 45 CB that you have found. 2) Save your money for the 39M that you may or may not ever find. Seems like a no brainier......

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
Well, I don't own anything I can't reload. That said, if I had a chance at a 39M at a decent price, I'd probably buy it.....but there would be NO PROBABLY for the 45LC Cowboy! I grab what I can when it's available, I have my "list" of rifles I'm on the lookout for!

·
Registered
86 Posts
In answer to the question of which will be more scarce in the future, it will still be the 39m because there are already less of them. But buy the 45 you found and start saving for the 39m octagon you will find later. You can always sell the 45 if later if you need to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.