Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The local pawn has two 94's. A .44 and a .357. The .357 looks 80% and is offered for $230, the .44 looks like the boat paddle .22 that I went in to look for. It's a 81 vintage with a scratched stock/ camo tape finnish with a loose forestock... Talked down from $145 to $130 and shook hands on.
The thing is.. the money(which is tight) to make a Rifle/Pistol set. I have a feeling that .357's w/ 6.5-7.5 barrels are cheeper and more readily found than the 44 mag.
.357 / 38 (4gun)combo .....44mag orphan rifle/nice Blackhawk???? :shock:
I'm shooting deer and hogs and soon targets. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Duh I thought I was logged on!

·
Registered
223 Posts
That .44 sounds really beat... I'd pass on that one. I'm a big fan of the .44 as I think it's superior in a carbine for sure, but if you like the .357 and want to mate it with a sixgun then by all means this deal sounds like it will be your best move. It is definitely a fine round in a carbine for varmints, predators, etc. In a pinch you can drop a deer with careful shot placement and ammo is easy and affordable.

Enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I coulnd help it. The 44 looked so bad and negleted it was like seeing a malnurished lab. Two hours of cleaning and it looks alot better. now to find out how she shoots. :D

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I coulnd help it. The 44 looked so bad and negleted it was like seeing a malnurished lab. Two hours of cleaning and it looks alot better. now to find out how she shoots. :D

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Moose, I really don't know what modle it is. The stamp says 1894-microgroove barrel cal. 44 rem mag. The serial # says 1981, what prompts you to say 84C?

I took the gun by a G.Smith to get an opinion and he offered me $300!
Now to find a ruger to pair it up with.cw

1 - 8 of 8 Posts