1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
3,576 Posts
Just looking at them looks like the top one would go in a ramp and the bottom one would dovetail into the barrel. I'm not 100% sure though.

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
cody77 said:
Just looking at them looks like the top one would go in a ramp and the bottom one would dovetail into the barrel. I'm not 100% sure though.
I agree with that. If you have the ramped front sight...I have a 1974 336...then you need the first one you have listed. The ones that go into the barrel dovetail are wider.

The 30-30 Winchester is the cartridge.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Theyre both for ramps, the barrel mounted ones are much taller. It depends on your gun. Sometime in the last few years the ramps changed & are more narrow meaning they use the thinner sight. My 308MX has the narrow ramp but all my other Marlins have the older style. I think theyre the same height. Anyway you need the fatter one.

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'm thinking Leverdude may be right.

·
Premium Member
11,088 Posts
Leverdude said:
Theyre both for ramps, the barrel mounted ones are much taller. It depends on your gun. Sometime in the last few years the ramps changed & are more narrow meaning they use the thinner sight. My 308MX has the narrow ramp but all my other Marlins have the older style. I think theyre the same height. Anyway you need the fatter one.

Yes

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
OK, the 2nd one looked to have a much wider base.

·
Premium Member
3,576 Posts
I learn something new every time I come on here! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts