Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Between a 1950sc waffle top in .35rem in good condition for age or a 1981 all original texan in 30-30 in excellent shape? Which is more collectable/rare?

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
That's a tough call, but I would have to go with the 336SC in .35 Rem. You don't see many .35 Rems around that are for sale lately. I know I've only seen a select few. I prefer the SCs over the Texans though. The SCs are my favorite Marlin models.

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
Well I would say Tough call. This is going to be different depending on who you ask. I like the straight stock of the Texan, but I already own enough 30-30s, and only a couple 35s, and want an SC. For me I'd take the ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........................... .35

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I chose a 1950 336A 35 Rem so I vote for the 35 as well...

Doc

·
Registered
11,867 Posts
Get the 35Rem 336SC first. That is the nicest set up. Then go back for the Texan if it is still around. I heard once that the texans are one to every ten RC models. Do not know how true that is, but it sure seems like straight stock Marlins are hard to locate. If later you sell, the 336sc in 35 will be easier to sell.

·
Super Moderator
24,958 Posts
I vote for any end cap Marlin 336 (Models--A, SC, or 30 series) over any carbine model. They are more accurate due to the lesser number of barrel bands around the tube mag and barrel. The caliber in 35 Rem makes that SC model a must get IMHO.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I really like my Sears Model 45!!

Reactions: dhansen

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would take the 35

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Definitely the 35 Rem! :top:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Get the .35! I have the same gun, a '50 S.C. in .35 and as much as I like the Texans I wouldn't trade away my S.C. to get one.

Reactions: dhansen

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
If we change the situation to where both are in good condition, my vote would be the unmolested 1950 SC is the more desirable and a bit more valuable. Neither is rare. An excellent, unmolested 1950 SC 35 is indeed a rare bird, where excellent Texans are always available (on the internet), at that level the SC is more valuable, rare and truely collectable.

20140223_115628 (1).jpg

·
Registered
797 Posts
They're both nice rifles and the decision would be a tuff one for me.
The 1950 SC in .35 is the first year Marlin chambered that caliber, and it will have Ballerd rifleing... a bit better for cast bullets.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Depends on whether you are talking about investment or use. For use I prefer the 35 over a carbine. As an investment to get a better price later, waffle tops if un altered seem to be pretty valuable. Again the 35.

DEP

·
Premium Member
15,431 Posts
Please don't make me choose! LOL

I am partial to the straight stock Texans though

I like/ own both because I couldn't pick just one

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Hey now do not listen to these people get the 81 30-30. I am having enough trouble buying 35 components I do not need any more competition out there.
But no seriously get the SC you will not regret that rifle.
Or go with the 30-30 as for my previous reason.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts