Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an extra lever for my 39D and I'd like to have it modified into a big loop lever. Anybody know where to have that done? Thanks!

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
Welcome go to the sponcer page, just scroll down past the first page their are gun works there.

Reactions: cajun56

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I have heard that the 39D levers are unique to this rifle. Not sure if true or not. I don't know why they would be made different than a regular 39A lever.
If it is true then your spare lever may be worth more than you think.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have heard that the 39D levers are unique to this rifle. Not sure if true or not. I don't know why they would be made different than a regular 39A lever.
If it is true then your spare lever may be worth more than you think.
Uh-oh, the spare I got was from a 39a. I figured all the 39 models were the same -- well, except the Mountie, of course.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I have an extra lever for my 39D and I'd like to have it modified into a big loop lever. Anybody know where to have that done? Thanks!
You may be aware of this, but the 39 lever directly affects headspace, that will need to be checked. Lever and bolt were both parts that had to have the whole gun sent back to the factory to get replaced and fitted, never sold as spares to the general public. Insufficient headspace can be corrected by removing metal, excess headspace isn't as easy. It'll need to be checked before you send it off. Not going to be a drop-in. Pre-CNC 120-year-old design, manufacturing tolerances were just not that close, probably one reason Remlington can't make them as designed, they don't have any skilled assemblers.

Also, these levers are fairly soft, extra leverage will result in a bent lever. Have done this myself. Just take it easy when trying to be The Rifleman.

Stan S.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You may be aware of this, but the 39 lever directly affects headspace, that will need to be checked. Lever and bolt were both parts that had to have the whole gun sent back to the factory to get replaced and fitted, never sold as spares to the general public. Insufficient headspace can be corrected by removing metal, excess headspace isn't as easy. It'll need to be checked before you send it off. Not going to be a drop-in. Pre-CNC 120-year-old design, manufacturing tolerances were just not that close, probably one reason Remlington can't make them as designed, they don't have any skilled assemblers.

Also, these levers are fairly soft, extra leverage will result in a bent lever. Have done this myself. Just take it easy when trying to be The Rifleman.

Stan S.
Great info (even if not good news). Thanks, Stan S.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts