Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel kind of strange to ask, as much as I/we love the 336, it isn’t exactly a high quality double shotgun. Having said that, I’m 6’2” with long arms and bought a 336 .35 Rem specifically to use as a big woods stalking gun with a peep site. How it swings and points is just as important as a bird gun and this one plain doesn’t fit me... like every other rifle I’ve ever owned. Custom fit bolt gun stocks are easy to find (though expensive), but not finding much on the net about folks that do this for lever guns. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the opinions, New England Custom Guns folks sound light, going to shoot them an email see if we can work something out.

Could have been more specific with my question, sorry about that. I need 1-1.25” added to the length of pull AND about an inch of drop added to get the sights falling naturally into my line of sight (using a Skinner set up). Don’t know about cast yet, would like to have the option if needed. There is an adjustable aftermarket buttplate that would work, but would prefer the whole stock getting done if was a reasonable option.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.