Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this is my fist post here, and admittedly I created an account here specifically to ask this question to a group of people such as yourself who are experts on the subject. I recently purchased my first Marlin, an xt-22tsr, and I have been searching EVERYWHERE for parts for this gun, and I cannot find them anywhere. I truly feel like I have searched every place possible online and cannot find anything. Now, I do not mean aftermarket tacticool parts or sights or weavers or anything, just plain old replacement parts. I believe in being able to fix and repair your own firearms, and I like to have things like tube springs, trigger springs and bars, etc. on hand for when the common problems occur, but I cannot find such things for this gun anywhere.. The only avenue I have not exhausted is mailing Marlin, which is a last resort for me.

I do understand that this is not a common firearm, so a friend of mine bought an identical model out of the same production batch so that we may have redundancy if absolutely necessary, but I'd really rather not resort to using one as a part gun.. Ever.

Thank you very much for any direction you can give me!

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Huxford, first of all welcome to MO :). I searched the usual parts websites I have for Marlin and couldn't find any reference to your rifle. The only thing I can figure out is that the line of Marlin XT-22 rifles were just introduced last year according to Marlin's websight so there hasn't been enough time for replacement parts to get down to the usual places for distribution to the public :hmmmm:. I guess if anything happens to your rifle it is covered under warranty for a few years. By the time the initial warranty period expires there should be a supply of parts being availiable to the public. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Huxford

·
Premium Member
5,418 Posts
:dito:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hux, I broke a couple of parts on my XT-22. I called Marlin service for replacements, and they sent them free. It took 5 weeks to get them though...

·
Registered
213 Posts
since the consensus seems to be that these are just the old 980's with a new trigger, it might be worth looking into parts for those guns. maybe take a couple of the parts your wanting to keep in stock to a gunsmith and compare the parts to what they have. they also may have the actual xt22 parts. when i was looking for a tube for my 60 last month, no one online had them in stock so when i went to the gunshop to ask about a perticular rifle, i asked about the tube and they had it. $35 out the door. that's comparable to online with shipping.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hux, I broke a couple of parts on my XT-22. I called Marlin service for replacements, and they sent them free. It took 5 weeks to get them though...
Do you remember, did you call the (800) 544-8892 gun service number, or the Area Field Service center? For example, Since I'm in the midwest, my field service center would be Mann & Son..

Sorry, if that's a dumb question, I'm just trying to learn how the company works a bit. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts