Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1161 - 1180 of 1193 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,161
OK, so here's the rain gauge so you know it did happen:)
MarRain2.JPG

And the redbuds are in full bloom -- they are close to an invasive species here where we are, but they sure are pretty in the spring!
RedBuds.JPG

And of course, we have to put up with this stupid time change -- personally just wish they'd leave it one way or the other! Guess that's 'cause I'm just an old curmudgeon! Thanks for looking in (and I certainly feel for those folks in MS, LA, and part of east TX and AR)! I can hardly imagine that much rain in such a short period of time! Hope all our members and all of their friends are safe! John

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,164
OK gang, photobucket raked me (and a lot of others) over the coals and demanded $300/year to allow me to post thru them on to "a third party site". You can imagine what I said to that! Here's what I am doing -- going back and working to reconstruct all the posts I made with pictures so that folks can enjoy them the way they were intended -- it will take awhile so please be patient with me. This thread is a labor of love for me! John

Reactions: maki00

·
Super Moderator
11,889 Posts
I have had to do the same thing to some threads John, though none of mine have ever run this many pages. After photo bucket did that I uploaded about a thousand more duplicate photos just to clog the system. I really hope they crash and burn.

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
OK gang, photobucket raked me (and a lot of others) over the coals and demanded $300/year to allow me to post thru them on to "a third party site". You can imagine what I said to that! Here's what I am doing -- going back and working to reconstruct all the posts I made with pictures so that folks can enjoy them the way they were intended -- it will take awhile so please be patient with me. This thread is a labor of love for me! John
I've been converting over to imgur and so far had good luck with them. I've been trying to get around to rebuilding my leatherworking thread but so far haven't had the ambition to go through all those posts and fix the image links, it's frustrating and a huge undertaking. I already fixed it on another forum so this one shouldn't be as bad but it's still pretty daunting. It took me a week on the other forum. Good luck with it.

Stu

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,169 (Edited)
Stu, just so some of your leatherwork gets credit, here's that holster you made for my 2 1/2" 686!
Holster1.JPG Holster3.JPG Holster2.JPG

I routinely carry the 686 with a sport coat and nobody knows I'm packing! Thanks buddy! John

Reactions: jpickar and Stu925

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Stu, just so some of your leatherwork gets credit, here's that holster you made for my 2 1/2" 686!
View attachment 675242 View attachment 675250 View attachment 675258

I routinely carry the 686 with a sport coat and nobody knows I'm packing! Thanks buddy! John
Had to go back and check my records to see when I built that one, it was three years ago. I completed that one 3/25/15, looks like it's holding up well. I'm glad you're still enjoying it, it's still one of my favorite pieces.

Stu

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,171
OK, I'm getting there slowly -- first 20 pages are complete and I think last 20 are pretty close! Thanks for the patience -- this brings back a lot of fond memories! Miss you OZ!

Reactions: Stu925 and jpickar

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,172 (Edited)
I just go to thinking (that's dangerous) and realized I was worried too much about the past, and need to show some new stuff! Here's one of me and mamajohnabi taken in April 17. We look pretty good for 75 (or so)!
US 2.JPG Now how do I rotate it? John!!

And Christmas to me!!
Trailer.JPG The bucket keeps donkeys from chewing wiring!!! J

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,174 (Edited)
Got some rain early this morning -- 1.7 inches so that gives us 11.8 inches for the year!!! John

28 Mar Rain.JPG

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,175
A friend sent me this! enjoy!!! John
[video]https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv% 3D0AAlksOIw2A&h=ATPMtocyZ8V3486aU-74ciyoS3BxJV_qkBo4sKame2Wd7ael1es6JXW_SEd2IbfSppW8 aSa4OCiPgDKAMzI7Eu1EzHiOOhFSqwga1ff5zGDKe6ZjTSQN&s =1[/video]

Reactions: jpickar

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,176
A couple of things I hadn't mentioned. That big break in posting that I had in late March of 2016 was 'cause I had triple bypass surgery on 18 Apr 16 and then a carotidectomy six weeks later. Took awhile to recover but doing good now! Then last spring, my wife was dx'd with stage IV colon cancer so we are dealing with that now -- she just finished chemo treatment 23 and she's doing quite well all things considered. That picture taken in April 17 a few posts back was a week after she was dx'd! Keep us in your prayers folks! You are our rocks! John

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
You all are in our prayers. By the way, how did you catch her?:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,178
My wife's pride and joy are her irises so thought I better include a few pics! The Texas wind tears them up a bit, but they're still pretty and huge!
Iris1.JPG Iris4.JPG Iris5.JPG Sorry they're all sideways -- how do I fix that? John

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Sounds like you guys have had a tough spell John, hope things get better for you guys. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

Stu

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,180
Thanks Stu!!! Actually we're blessed and that's what we try to remember!! John
\

1161 - 1180 of 1193 Posts