Marlin Firearms Forum banner

361 - 380 of 1193 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,803 Posts
Id like too,always said when I retire I was.But heck if things dont change,Ill be too old to see the road ;D Ive been dipping in my funds to much.
25 years ago,we had Ronald Reagan,Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.
Now we have Obama,No cash,And No Hope!! ;D ;D
Trucking aint for everbody,thats for sure. Glad you crawled out. Id of been looking in the classifieds for a job too ;)
Randy,,

·
Premium Member
9,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
Today was another scorcher but at least didn't reach 100. got out late this evening and spread some old hay in the garden -- it's loaded up with donkey [email protected]@p so should make really good gardening next year. The tomatoes so far are really doing well. That little rain we had sure did green everything up.

Our donkeys (and I'm sure that is typical donkey) eat and [email protected]@p and [email protected]@p etc! And they always seem to [email protected]@p in the same place. I wrote a little ditty that is sung to the tune of "I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy" that Jimmy Cagney sang in the movie about George M Cohan (I think it was). Any way, here ya go. Gotta picture me with the 5-string on my lap ;D

I'm a Donkey Doo-doo Dandy
On donkey doo-doo I rely
If you want your garden to grow strong
Do give our doo-doo a try.

I've got a Donkey Doo-doo Sweetheart
Sometimes the donkeys make her cry
They do their duty in the drive and often in the orchard
We've tons of donkey doo for you to buy!

Then at the end, a little sales pitch --
Buy it fresh or buy it stale
We ship UPS or US Mail!

·
Registered
9,500 Posts
Good one John. I love it. ;D

Those donkeys are very good turners.

Turn grass into poo. ;)

Mark.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
That is a good one John. I love your version! ha ha I have that DVD of Yankee Doodle Dandy with James Cagney.

I do not have donkey [email protected]@p, but I have bear [email protected]@p and it isn't good for anything! Except to aggrevate me. :mad: The little bugger came on the deck one night this week and ripped the screen off the dining room window.

The mule deer doe is sleeping by this rock 32 yards from the front room window tonight. She has been back every year for the last 4 or 5 years now. She goes under the deck when the weather gets hot,(85 or so ::)) and stays on the cool damp ground there.

John

·
Premium Member
18,003 Posts
Dandy ditty, Dude!

Catchy, too, I guess I'll be singing it all night here at work. Fortunately, I work alone, or the fellas might wonder what I been smoking. ;)

I can vouch for the fertilizing aspects of poo, many years ago some buddies and I hauled 800 pounds of horse/donkey/goat dung to a secluded spot and planted a 70's cash crop that was popular back then. Problem was, once all the work was done I went off to Basic Training, and never saw any return. I heard it was both a massive and potent crop, and very popular with the locals. ::)

What you gonna grow with yours? It'd be nice if you could sell it.

Many zoos around the country turned poo into an industry. They sell it as "Zoo-doo", and it's not cheap!

·
Premium Member
28,803 Posts
Got have one of them rappers handles John. Like snoop donkey doo ;D or MC chicken macnugget, or LL too hot to fish ;D Got the package yesterday,Thanks. Put yours in the mail this weekend.
Randy,,

·
Premium Member
9,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #367 (Edited)
Going on the auction block this evening -- wanted those regulars here to know! By the way, the guns are NOT included in the auction -- only the pistol block. John

P2130380.JPG P6260555.JPG

·
Premium Member
18,003 Posts
papajohnabi said:
the guns are NOT included in the auction -- only the pistol block.
John, that's just not fair..........you are SUCH a tease! ::)

You really need to post pics of those in the Handgun Photo Thread..........they are ALL worthy! Especially that cute Lil 3-inch stainless honey! :D

Actually, you probably already have, but I am SUCH a sucker for pretty guns............DO IT AGAIN! ;D

·
Premium Member
28,803 Posts
Eaglesnest check this pic out.Killed the driver. John, put a handle on a file knife over the weekend. Its called bloodwood ;) Your right thats some hard wood.Think you could drive nails with it ;D Randy,,,

·
Premium Member
9,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #371
Good lookin' blade there Randy! That's nice work for sure.

Today was another scorcher -- they keep saying we have a chance for a "stray thunderstorm" each evening and afternoon, but so far nothing.
Went hog hunting with my son on Saturday -- didn't see a one. My wife says "You need to go hog shootin" Never thought about it that way.
We have some good lookin' tomato plants, but nothing setting on yet.

It got really boring out yesterday and today so my wife was shooting "Cicada Killer Bees" with the Daisy Red Ryder 70th Anniversary no less. The yard is taken over with these things and wife said using a 22 or the 1894c was not cost effective. Any way, a picture of her shooting the BB gun and then one of the 20 or so bees she killed -- they're about the size of your thumb and she was shooting them between 10 and 25 feet. Beats me! Later, John

·
Premium Member
18,003 Posts
Oh boy, here comes another "Bee-shooting" thread! I think we just had one a month ago, bees are apparently a VERY popular small game critter. No seasons, no limits, and a challenging target to boot, especially with a BB gun. Good for your bride for finding a way to enjoy a hot afternoon, and take care of a few pests at the same time.

BTW, those are some serious tomato plants......but it's going to take some major rainfall to put plump fruit on them. I wish I could send some our rain down your way, we've had WAY more than we needed this year, gullywashers every other day, or so it seems. Hang in there!

·
Premium Member
28,803 Posts
Hoping yall get water soon John.We are getting plenty.Heres what Debs gardens looked like friday,Like to say I had something to do with em. But there Debs.We are getting in corn,green beans and squash now.Gunrunner,,,

·
Registered
763 Posts
Nice crops, Gunrunner. Most of our stuff has already come and gone by this time of the year. Peas and okra are still bearing, but not much else unless it's watered. It's too hot at night for tomatos to set fruit. So far, this has has been one hot and dry summer down here near the Gulf Coast.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Love this thread.

Would love to build something like this here but the powers to be have developed rules and regulations that stop you even moving dirt on your own land.

You need rersource consent and building permission.

·
Premium Member
28,803 Posts
John, The gardens started putting out good here.The birds are getting more plums than us though ;) But The maters and squash are doing good,and got enough greenbeans to feed Texas ;D Hope Yall get some rain.Randy,

·
Premium Member
28,803 Posts
Heres the corn we got in to day John,Its called peaches and cream. Its a white and yellow corn hybrid..Good Stuff. This is the second batch. Should have one more load about this size.Wish you luck with your garden.Randy,,

Attachments

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Randy,

We can't even grow corn here! It is too cool and shaded where we live. You produce looks very nice. I'll trade you a grizzly bear for some of your produce.

John in MT

·
Premium Member
28,803 Posts
John,Id bring ya a ryder truck full :D Just to go on a hunt and watch you shoot em ;D Was a dream on mine till I got older and saw the price.Got about 10 books on the subject.But itll be all I can do to scrape togather enough to go after a pronghorn one day.Wish we were all closer Id put on a cook out for us.That country your in might not be good for crops,But Its cattle country for sure.We know a little about that too.Might not have much but we sure eat good ;D And we are happy. Besides if that bear hunting is any better than deer hunting,my ol heart might not stand the pressure :D Take care Randy,,

361 - 380 of 1193 Posts