Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Scroll through the sub sections, about 2/3rds down the is all the reference you can ask for.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much, Ret_Eng. Appreciate that.

The rifle has a 24" barrel, wavy-top receiver, and a half magazine. Pretty much standard production, as I remember it. The carbines were seen more often, but the rifles were around, too.

Ted

·
Super Moderator
26,091 Posts
Thanks very much, Ret_Eng. Appreciate that.

The rifle has a 24" barrel, wavy-top receiver, and a half magazine. Pretty much standard production, as I remember it. The carbines were seen more often, but the rifles were around, too.

Ted
The 24 inch 336As are around but I wouldn't call them standard production, especially a waffle top-which by your description--sounds like you have one. Other than they were a standard rifle that Marlin made back in the day, they are getting harder to find since fewer of them were produced. VG conditioned waffle top 336As are bringing 600-700 bucks on the online gun sales sites. Local prices can vary depending on your location. I have three 336As and all of them are fantastic shooters--I don't plan on selling them anytime soon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Appreciate your comments. I intend to keep the rifle.

Perhaps I will post a picture of the one I have. It is not excellent, but certainly VG or VG+ condition.

Thanks again,
Ted

·
Administrator
23,826 Posts
Fairly simple for yours. Just look under the lever and check the letter under it.

E is 1948

F is 1949 and so on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.