Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of the older Model 60's that I inherited. I recently installed one of the ATI Dragunov stocks on it after painting the gun flat black and adding a red dot sight. Now that I have it finished, I cannot find bulk ammo for it anywhere. We only have one Wally World in our county and they are always selling out of all of their 22LR's in the early morning and since they never know what they are getting in stock each day I don't want to camp out there every morning. Any suggestions on where I might find like the 550 0r 525 round boxes elsewhere would be appreciated. I just want to do some plinking for fun now that I have the rifle set up and working again. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,617 Posts
Welcome to MO..... You can place back orders online with sites such as MidawayUSA and others. They will charge your credit card when the item gets back in stock and ships. I currently have over 5,000 rounds on back order due in any day now.....

1895gunner

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Well, you may not want to, but your best is to go camping out at Walmart..There are other online options but they are more expensive options and add shipping in also and you will way overpay..Goodluck though..

If by chance you would be in Nebraska, I would give you a little.. Do not want to ship any..It is too expensive to do so..

Go to the ammoseek website and see who has it online for sale..They list all the vendors that have it in stock and lists the prices..

Or just go here to Cheaper than Dirt and buy this. Thats their low price, really, they said so themselves..LOL CROOKS

I would pay money to find out who the idiot DB is that gave a review of this ammo and actually paid the Low Price..
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-0520#Reviews

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Cabela's is offering free shipping until Dec 18. They occasionally get in bulk boxes of Winchester or CCi Minimag HP (Troy Landry edition). Track them on gunbot or check in on their site frequently.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Definitely get on ammo alerts with slickguns.

With all the free shipping specials going on right now, it's pretty much the same as buying it at the store except you wait a few days and often there's no tax.

I've seen 525 Federals, 2 or three kinds of CCIs, American Eagle and one place had Buckets of Bullets with a limit of not one but TWO buckets in the last 24-48 hours or so. I'm way past needing .22. I just keep the alerts on to watch and see what the availibility is doing.

Ammo alerts and free shipping are your friend.

If you REALLY want to load up, have your mail client play a sound when an alert comes in. Mine is, uncreatively enough, the sound of a gunshot. Whenever I hear that gunshot I look over and see what kind of ammo deal is on.

·
Registered
834 Posts
The problem with your ammoseek, gunbot, etc, is that's YOU LOOKING. Have it come TO YOU. If you're tracking ammo alerts in your email, you can get in on a deal that was from start to sellout like 5 minutes. Your odds of doing that by checking websites are "less".

·
Banned
869 Posts
More signs of the times... Cabelas has been my .22 friend lately. If you can get the alert and on-line fast enough. Now a days... you have to buy a little at a time... when you can find it... where you can find it.... at a price you are willing to pay. Its not easy...to say the least.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Cabela's for me as well. The shipping starts to add up though. But, it's been a dependable source of Minimags. I stop by the local Dick's on Friday on my way to work. I usually can snag a brick of plinking ammo every few weeks.

·
Premium Member
6,540 Posts
All of the stores In my area get ammo on wed so ask your big box stores what day they get their shipment In.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Short answer is anywhere you can.

Cabelas has free ship to store pick up. Yes, it's 60 miles from here BUT they're one per day per customer thingie online didn't work so I ordered enough CCI MMs on individual orders in a matter of minutes to make the trip worth it.

Gander had CCI standard velocity 50 round boxes the other day for $0.08 per pop with free shipping and a 10 box limit so.....

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
My local Walmart this morning had 12 550 Remington Golden Bullet bulk packs. Probably no less than 60 CCI 100 packs. Atleast 40 Winchester 100 packs..I just bought one CCI 100 pack. Hate Golden Bullets..

Ammo is out there, just be patient..Things are starting to improve alot in my area anyway. So other areas should follow soon..

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ridiculous what some of those prices are for 22 Ammo. That website had Remington 22 Thunderbolt ammo in the 500 round brick going for as much as $89.00 at one place.

·
Registered
11,560 Posts
Ridiculous what some of those prices are for 22 Ammo. That website had Remington 22 Thunderbolt ammo in the 500 round brick going for as much as $89.00 at one place.
Cheaper (????) Than Dirt has Federal 325 sealed packs for $119.19 which when in stock at other places (MidwayUSA) sells them for $19.99. One [email protected]$$ even wrote a "GOOD" review on CTD"S website as he was glad to get them!!

Reactions: Loosemarbles

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Cheaper (????) Than Dirt has Federal 325 sealed packs for $119.19 which when in stock at other places (MidwayUSA) sells them for $19.99. One [email protected]$$ even wrote a "GOOD" review on CTD"S website as he was glad to get them!!
You mean one shill wrote a "GOOD" review.
Cheaper than dirt can pound sand, They are ammo pimps. Anybody who buys from them deserves to get screwed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts