Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just one of those little things that I can probably live with, but it does still bother me.

The notch in the back of my bolt is a little off centered and the hammer rubs on it.

The rifle has always a and still does function perfectly. This is just kind of a minor annoyance.

Plus, I plan on having the bolt jeweled so I'd really like to find a better one before having the work done.

So, does anybody know where a guy can get a new 1895 bolt? Google has failed me so far.

Thanks,
~Rev.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Would it not be better to modify the bolt you have? Use a file and relieve the notch a little, just enough that the hammer doesn't rub. Why replace the bolt for such a simple clearance issue...:hmmmm:
I'd rather have one that was done correctly from the factory. I'm definitely no stranger to the file and your suggestion is my fall-back plan if I'm not able to source a good bolt.

Thanks for the input though. :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
A "qualified" gunsmith can order a new one from the factory. If you seek out a "qualified" gunsmith for that part he/she might be able to repair what you have. The other option is to send the gun back to the factory but that is a personally scary idea to me .......... I am sure they employ great people however, have seen and heard TOO MANY horror stories on Quality Control. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Your bolt may not be milled off center. It might be the slot in the upper tang is off center thus placing the hammer off center or even the hole for the bolt was bored off center. If the bolt is scuffing the hammer, shave the bolt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts